User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: mac or pc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mac or pc?

Im planning to get a new notebook for mainly photography purposes but i dont know what is the best notebook to go for. I plan to use it for the next 10 years or so. any suggestions for what pc is good for use of photoshop programs and non lagg when multitasking opened windows.?
    A photographer is a lens on one end and a fool on the other.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    None. Notebook/Laptop screens are generally not optimal for the best photo editing. They are often cheaper screens (manufactured cheaper) and are prone to not being as accurate in colour rendition as their desktop counterparts. However, this has improved in the last couple of years and it is possible to get a notebook with a reasonably decent screen these days.

If you go with a notebook, get the fastest with the most memory you can get. If you start running software like Photoshop CS5, you will find it is both a memory and processor hog. People have reported it being sluggish with 4GB ram. Also if you get a notebook, get a hardware screen calibration tool, like a Spyder, Munki, Eye One, etc, to run regularly to ensure your screen is as accurate as possible.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Risk is right, for editing purposes and multi-tasking faster CPU/RAM and more RAM is better. You may be struggling to find one that will last 10 years though if you give it plenty of use, but even assuming it lasted that long, it would be pre-historic and most likely not run the applications of the day very well.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't expect a Laptop or a Mac or a PC to last your 10 years.

IN additional PC refer to desktop computers. Mac well refer to macs.
    People differentiate between a laptop by saying well laptop or macbook.