User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: External viewfinder lcd gadget

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

External viewfinder lcd gadget

Recently i got an email about a external lcd screen that you can attach to the hot shoe of your dslr and run thru the video out port of the camera and has a multi angle view screen goes for 1-200 and i accidently deleted the email,
    anyone else seen this gadget cos i cant find it anywhere?

thanks in advance

Grem

One day I'll take some serious photos, just not today
    Canon 50D | 450D Gripped | 50mm 1.8| 18-55 | 100-300 | Tamron 17-50 f2.8 | 85mm f1.8 | Manfrotto Tripod | Studio Flashies | 430EX | Loads of useless gadgets | All this gear and still no idea.....

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't aware of an electronic viewfinder for SLR'S, but the Olympis EVF for the EP2 is stunning, in normal lighting, it would be as good as most DSLR'S. I just don't see the point.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what it is, is a small screen device about the size of a packet of cigarettes, you plug itonoto the hotshoe and for example your camera is down low or up high and you can use this for live view, kinda like the eos 60D has that flip out screen and one of the nikons too(i think) you plug it into the video out and it is just a focus aid i guess you could call it. I saw it on a email from some forum or supplier hard to describe without a picture, but it is available.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's the same as your product, but I have little gadget called a Zigview.
    It attaches to the eyepiece and when you turn it on it shows you on its screen what you
    would see through the eyepiece. It is also liveview.
    It rotates 360 degrees, so you can see over crowds or you can sit the camera low down and look straight
    down onto the screen
    Can post a photo attached to my camera if you wish.
    cheers Kerro
    I shoot with Canon cameras and Canon and Sigma lenses and now a Mavic Pro too

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Kerro its just like that one, a different maker and slightly different design, if i cant find it ill prob just get that one, thanks appreciate the help

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FOUND IT
    its called an Aputure Gigtube (yes thats spelt correctly) and is 149USD its a cool little device much like the one Kerro suggested
    for ppl like that have back problems might be useful , i havent posted the webaddress cos I dont wanna get in trouble with the mods!

So mods can I post a weblink to it?

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    ..... i havent posted the webaddress cos I dont wanna get in trouble with the mods!

So mods can I post a weblink to it?
    The restriction is reserved for newer members with far fewer post count.
    Your 300+ allows you to post links.

Note there is also a Phottix version too. Generally all these Phottix/Aputure/Yongnuo brands use the same guts for the majority of their wares and are just rebranded stuff.

Eg. Phottix have a couple of different versions of remote review screens called Hector(something or other). THIS is the 9" verion.

I'd be curious as to how well they work, and if they work better than LiveView.
    9" @ 1024 pixel resolution doesn't really show much detail in fully zoomed in view mode(my main use for LiveView.. getting critical focus).

My concern would be, do they display the scene in realtime, as LiveView mode does(like an EVF) or do they display the image once the camera has exposed it and as an alternative to the camera's review screen.

I've played back images, taken with my D300, on a U-Bute hyper-hy-end, over the top expensive Sony HD screen via the HDMI connection on the camera, zoomed in to see 'more detail' and all I could see was more blockiness on the Sony(true HD screen!). The camera's review screen shows much better when detail zoomed in.

I can see the value in a remote screen, having a bad knee myself and sometimes LiveView doesn't help.. I revert to my angle viewfinder instead.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Arthur,
    Theres two avail ones wired the other wireless Im still looking for reviews, and you raise a good point re live view I didn't think of.
    http://www.photoxgear.com/2010/11/ap...ew-and-remote/
    http://www.photoxgear.com/2009/11/ap...e-view-finder/ << thats the one I was looking at, I should've waited and got a 60D instead of the 50D I bought(which Im still really happy with) for the up high low down angles I do. Holding camera up on a monopod and having a lower screen face height would be an advantage if its resolution is good enough.

I like that one you posted that would be good for video camera setup Ive been working on, thanks for that one!

Grem