Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this thread but I thought I would do a bit of a R/V of a camera strap that I have been road testing.

If you are budget conscience & prefer to spend your money on quality glass you may be interested in this strap.

There are some R/V's of the BlackRapid strap & they look very good at a price.

I did a bit of research & managed to purchase a strap that does the same job & possibly better for less than $20 (got to love the Chinese!)

I have the base plate of this strap ensemble screwed into the collar of my Canon 100-400mm L this connects very securely by way of a strong clip to the shoulder harness. The shoulder harness is very comfortable & nicely padded with that airflow stuff & has a small pocket for a key, battery or cards (can't fit much in that). I have been walking through the bush with that setup over the past week with no problems or loosening of the screw plate.

The screw plate has a thread in it so you can screw in your tripod plate direct & that works well too. You can also attach a hand strap to the side of the camera with this set up if you want making it very versatile.

I have used it with my Lowpro 200 on my back as well & there is no problem with the straps function.

I can recommend it for those who have spinal problems & pain management issues (as I have) it has been WAY better & WAY more comfortable getting around doing photography. I couldn't go on with the ordinary neck strap, a few hours of shooting was taking me more than a week to get over

The only weakness I can see with the set up is that possibly the plastic bumper clip stopping the camera from sliding right back may break. It seems to be secure but MAY be vulnerable. I figured if it does go I am sure I can rig up an improvised bumper anyhow. The trick is not to fiddle around with it - set & forget.

Here is a link to the strap so you can see what it looks like & the base plate etc...