Thread: Lens Comparison Tool

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lens Comparison Tool

Most of the time when it comes to selecting the best lens we just look at the Brand and Price. There are many sites that let the general user compare different lenses, but you need to have a very good understanding of lens technology to interpret them.

There is a site that will let you see what you will get from for the money and anybody understand it. Here you can compare a Canon, Nikon, Sigma or Tamron lenes.

This link is to a lens comparison tool that gives you “ISO 12233 Chart 100% Crops”

How to use the tool:

What you do is select the lenses that you wish to compare. You have a choice of f-stops and if it’s a zoom lens focal lengths. All you do is move the cursor across the images to compare the image quality.

This link is to the best lenses that Canon and Nikon make (200mm f2 prime) and the price > $5,000US. This is so you can see what all lenses should be like.

This link is to the ISO 12233 Charts help page for those who want an in-depth understanding of the tool.

Let me know if you find this helpfull
    "We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, false!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that tool. Very useful. Thanks.
    John
    Nikon D300 | Nikkor: AF-S DX VR 18-200mm, AF-S VR 70-300mm, AF 50mm f/1.8D, AF-S 300mm f/2.8D Sigma: 180mm f/3.5 EX APO Macro, 120-300mm f/2.8 EX APO | Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III & TC-17E II, Sigma APO Tele Converter 2x EX DG, Kenko N-AF 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300 DGX, Wired Shutter Release, Manfrotto - Tripod 190XPROB - Head 804RC2, Monopod, Polarising, ND and UV Filters | Software: Windows Live Photo Gallery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the digital picture website, it's the first place I go when reviewing equipment.
    Jayde

Honest CC whether good or bad, is much appreciated.
    Love and enjoy photography, but won't be giving up my day job.

Flickr