G'day all

I can't remember who on the AP team looks into commercial orgs running public photography competitions, but can I throw you a curved ball

I have just run 2 of my photography workshops in Narrabri NSW, and several students commented upon the Terms & Conditions of the local Shire photography comp.

Stuff that concerns them [and possibly other APers] is:

14. All entries; electronic and actual prints are non-returnable and remain the sole property of Narrabri Shire Council.

12. Copyright remains with the photographer but by entering into this competition the photographer grants Narrabri Shire Council irrevocable and unlimited license to use, name and publish the entry at their discretion for promotional purposes, at no cost and for no payment. No permission needs to be sought by Council from the Photographer in order to publish these photos.

9. Entry into this competition requires that the subjects within the photographs have given their permission for their image to appear. The permission section of the entry form must be signed by each person included in the photo. Subjects under the age of 18 must have the permission forms signed by a parent or guardian. Photographers must explain to the people that appear in the photographs the purpose of the photo and that ensure that they are prepared to have their image displayed in promotional materials.

6. As well as an A4 hard copy a digital copy must be provided on a CD. Digital photos must be supplied as a high resolution jpeg, tiff or eps format. A high resolution and quality is expected.

the site ref is " http://www.narrabri.nsw.gov.au/index.cfm?page_id=1307 "

Regards, Phil