Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

I have been trying every combination possible to get a shallow DOF in this photo..
    I know it is not the best composition but no eager volunteers that will be still I need to figure this out!

Using Pentax K20D with SMC DA 18-250mm lens. Used tripod. Have to stay indoors as it is currently -30c with lots of snow in my neck of the woods and just a tad to cold for 'practicing'.

I have been shooting lots in Auto and thought I would venture to the manual mode but did not realize how hard it would be. Obviously I just do not get it.

Could someone give me some tips on what I might change to get results. Would appreciate any help at all.

This is a first time post so I hope that I have linked from photobucket properly and the image is visible..[/IMG]

Thank you,
    Carrie

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You posted this in Not for Critique, so members cannot tell you what you are doing wrong. Please repost in a critique forum. Thread Closed and replies removed
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography