User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: whats best....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whats best....?

what programs is every one using on mac's...?
    whats the good and bad points of the one your using...?
    what should i buy....?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Are you asking about post processing (photo editing) software, or software in general?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    post processing software..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Mac you have Aperture & Lightroom, both specifically designed for photographers, as well as heaps of image editing programs from GraphicConverter through to Photoshop. Aperture & Lightroom both offer trial versions and are quite sophisticated cataloguing and image manipulation tools now. I like Lightroom & hardly ever use Photoshop anymore. I have CS3 but will probably not upgrade in the near future. Aperture never really did it for me, but plenty of people like it.

Various discussions on this topic have been had here and there is a lot of info about the options already on the web generally. A bit of time with the search function here and Google otherwise will get you heaps of good info.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx soalman for the feedback. is lightroom fairly easy and strait forward to use....?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries. The answer to that really depends on how comfortable you are with image editing software at the moment. I found Lightroom difficult at first, but I've spent a lot of time with it now, find it very straightforward and I get good results easily. Any program capable of complex manipulations will take time to learn. Lightroom is not a beginner's program. iPhoto is pretty good and easy to learn I think, but not really capable of sophisticated processing. Power always comes at a price.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanx soulman.
    i photo is a little too basic. i have used final cut pro for a long time editing film so am fairly familiar with navigating around more difficult software. It sounds like light room is a good program so i might check it out...