Thread: What backing for matted prints

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What backing for matted prints

to sell at the local markets

I have a fair range of precut mounts I have bought and am printing shots to go in them, and plan to take these and some calendars to a local market and dip my toes in the water. But they do not have backing sheets, they are just the edges with a square/rectangular hole. What weight/type board should I use?
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I use backing foam. get it from the same place as my mats. I have a large range of sizes in mats, all pre-cut, with the backing foam in place to fit, then they are stuck together along one edge using acid free double sided tape, to create a hinge. So as soon as I need one, I grab it, open it up, place the photo in, and then use more of the double sided tape on the remaining three edges and stick down. Easy
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography