User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Issues with my 450d flash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issues with my 450d flash

I have been having problems with my 450d constantly having "BUSY" pop up on the screen and staying there sometimes long enough for me to consider throwing it, I restrained myself. Anyway I figured out it was mostly when I was using my flash. So after some googling i found that it is apparently common from overuse of inbuilt flash or something along those lines. My question is if I buy a speedlite/external flash
    ( remembering im not wanting to sell a kidney to fund it as its just a hobby for me) will this still happen or is there anything else I can do to fix it?
    Feel free to edit my photos and let me know how you did it so I can give it a crack. Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi elgrando I have a 450d but have no trouble with the flash but I bought another flash so I could use it off camera hopefully to get better pictures.
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it only happen if you fire off a few flash shots in a short period. I can only think that it is the recharging system that is just a bit slow in keeping up, or the flash gets hot and needs a little time to cool. An external flash will cure these problems to a degree. Give some thought to how much you think you will use a flash and then decide wether to go for genuine or cheaper after market. You can get a new 430 EX II for a good price now, and if you upgrade your body down the track then it will serve you well. Best of luck.

Fishy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think busy on the screen means that it is processing the photo. If that is the case then maybe an upgrade of the card would help. ( faster card) Something to ponder cheers Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with bricat on this one, normally when taking consecutive photo's i get this appear on my 450d. I'd bet if you quickly flicked to view the photos, your last photo taken wouldnt actually show up straight away and you'd have to click across to see it.

upgrade to a quicker card and you should be sweet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think, it may be the SD card, I upgraded to a good card (expensive) on my 450D, and it has solved my "busy" issues.
    I have this silly idea, that I should actually go and take photos with all this photography gear I have already accumulated, before I collect any more!

See some of my photos here.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/David...5888662?ref=hl
    And my very randomly updated blog.
    http://davidarnold.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I get "busy" on my 450D is if I shoot 6 consecitive frames, never had a problem with the flash

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all I will look into a better card. It does seem to happen at all different times wether it be a sequence or jjust one shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll also notice it is very slow on long exposure shots. Mine seems to take ages if I shoot above 15 seconds shutter speed.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah......sounds like card. I use SDHC cards in my 500D....only have 'Busy' issues on longer than
    average exp. shots.

Thoma.