Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Mack International Diamond Warranty for Panasonic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mack International Diamond Warranty for Panasonic

Hi All,

I just recently purchased a Panasonic FZ100 from Amazon for $400. Now this is covered under the US warranty only and wanted to get the peace of mind of having a local warranty so, I have decided to go for the Mack International Diamond warranty for Cameras under $500.

http://mackcam.com/servicecontracts/...=85&row_id=247

I have heard that if you buy the above warranty it does cover brands like Canon with the local service centers. What I wanted to know is that if I do end up buying the above mentioned warranty, will I be able to take my camera to the local Panasonic service center.

I did try to ask the same question to Mack International on their contact us section, but have not heard from them yet and that makes me wonder should I go for the warranty or not???

Any insight into the above will be highly appreciated. Also for anyone who has had experience claiming their warranty with Mack, can you please share how was your experience.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love to see some images from it in the forum
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure...Am actually out of town at the moment...Will post some pics early next week.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A warranty covers you for manufacturing faults ONLY. It doesn't cover you for damage etc, that is called insurance. Two different things. So buying an extended warranty will only cover you if there is a fault with the product, that is not related to general use, wear and tear, or abuse (dropping etc). Do not confuse insurance and warranty!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clarifying the above concept. The Mack warranty stated above apparently covers manufacturing defects and also wear and tear damage...even liquid damage according to their website. What I want to avoid is, in the event of an issue with the camera sending it all the way to the US.

Also, the above mentioned warranty / insurance starts from the date of purchase and so is not an extended warranty but is a comprehensive 3 year warranty. It cost a total of $97 for 3 years.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No response...so I am assuming I need to be the first one to take the plunge and hope for the best???

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day DB

Good Q mate - tho don't be in too much of a rush ... not all of us read the Forum every hour

I looked at the option of a Mack extended warranty for one of my Lumix cameras, and was not able to get adequate answers from them as to "if there is an issue, who in Australia will attend to the repairs"

Thus I decided "if they were not prepared to reply, I was not prepared to proceed"

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Phil.

Your response is much appreciated. I guess, I will wait for another week or 2 before making my decision.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a bad experience with a Mack Warranty. Very hard to get money out of them and only managed that after a lengthy dispute process. My camera died - total circuit board failure - and they tried telling me it was user error! Yeah ..... right.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply bobt...this is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for...

Any other user experiences would be highly appreciated...