Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Pre-Ceremony/Getting Ready Wedding Shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Ceremony/Getting Ready Wedding Shots

Hi A-Team,

Got a mates wedding next Friday. They've only got one photographer and they're going to be with the girls to take photo's whilst they're getting ready. In turn they've asked me to shoot the guys getting ready.

I'm going to be using my 450d, 430 exii and 50mm 1.8 for all photos.

Can anyone give me tips as to what i should photograph? (i.e best man fixing the grooms tie)

oh and just to confuse the matter, i'm also a groomsmen so i'm going to need to be getting ready at the same time! haha

Thanks in advance, and sorry for another "how to shoot a wedding" topic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to any decent wedding photographers website you should see plenty of examples...yiu can also google wedding photography checklist too
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks kiwi, i've already googled wedding photography checklist, which gave an alright idea. But 90% of these "must take photos" were directed towards what to take of the bride getting ready, not so much the groom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's anything like my brothers wedding, get candids of the guys standing around drinking up when they should be getting ready, - ladies putting buttonhole flowers on Guys, doing ties up etc., Then guys dressed having another drink! Then waiting with the Celebrant for the Bride to arrive.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Russell, appreciate your ideas

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great idea - all too often the groom's side is neglected but I think photos of the male side of the wedding party getting ready are just as precious to the couple as the ones of the bride. After all, neither sees the other (usually) on the big day before they get to the church.
    I'd go for similar pics of the groom:
    And in the days preceding, if you have the time to do it, if he is going to the barber for a special haircut - get that
    If he is hiring his suit, some of the male side of the bridal party trying on their finery, the slightly embarrassed smiles that usually go with that etc
    Getting ready - maybe have his Mum helping him tie his tie, put his jacket on, arranging his buttonhole flowers, checking his hair etc
    If he has best man/mates supporting him what about some of them accompanying him to the ceremony, joking around as guys do to dispel nervousness etc
    Patting his pocket to make sure he has the rings (show him pulling them out to check)
    Giving his parents a hug before he enters the car or the church
    And of course some of him looking nervous as he goes to enter the church
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts Odille!

I'm one of the groomsmen so will definitely be able to get some shots of the last fitting for the suit, might not get the hair cut, but everything else should be sweet.

Will be good to get some shots in the back of the limo as well on the way to the ceremony. Once that car door opens when we get to the ceremony however i'm on groomsmen duties.

you've given me some great ideas!