Quote Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
Rick I make no apology for my original statement which clearly says "most of the advice".

The OP clearly wants to go into full-time photography. That's his question.
Sure, you can offer statistical advice, take it or leave it, or interpret it how you wish but it generally has little bearing on how an individual business may or may not succeed in a profession. In fact, that statistical advice is made up from the successes and failures of those who try so if more people try, and succeed, the statistics will change. Not the other way around.
As for success or failure only those who are full time practitioners are qualified to answer the OP in respect to the profession. My "wannabee" statement is very relevant and represents all those people that are not full time professionals who for various reasons give advice on issues they know less about than the OP. If their statements were tempered with "this is how I think it would go" that advice would do little harm.
There is good advice here from those who know well but overall it's mostly negative. To give some balance I will always counter that and provide encouragement or the industry will collapse.
All you countered it with was self promotion and 'look at me', look what I have done, look at my website, google me. Full on self promotion! Nothing in your post was enlightening and advice that would directly assist the OP with a start-up!