Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Canon G12 or what ?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Canon G12 or what ?

I currently own a Canon 5D with lens from 20mm to 200mm . I'm looking to purchase a small camerafor "general" photos and wher a 5D may be too "intrusive"
    Will I be disappointed with the results from a Canon Powershot G12 ?
    Main areas of interest are landscape and people photography.
    BTW....what memory card is best for a G12 ( taking mainly photographs, plus occasional video clips).
    Last edited by bennito42; 14-11-2010 at 8:35pm.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Canon G12 are good cameras, use the cards that are recomended, usually the faster the better these days.
    You can get some advanced features from a group called CHDK, Canon Hack Developement Kit. But they have only developed the G11, to date. The advanced features offered are sometimes exceeding what you can do on a DSLR. Another offshoot group SDM is for using a pair of cameras to do stereo or 3D photography.
    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK
    Cheers
    Col

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have a g11 and i've just given it to the kids. i have just never really liked it, and i have recently replaced it with the olympus ep-1. great camera and it (ep-1, ep-2, epl-2) would give you the flexibility to use your canon eos lenses, as well as any other lens you may pickup over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the G10 was the bees knees, but the model like might have lost a bit of direction. There are so many models in this field, and new models surface avery 3 minutes. As you have a fair idea of what you want it for, I'd probably argue for the best lens, and fewest buttons, and obviously RAW.
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've personally never seen the point... still a tiny sensor.

If I wanted a compact for portability's sake, I'd get something truly pocketable... not a Gx.

If I wanted a compact for quality's sake, I'd want one with an APS-C sensor.

Please don't hesitate to provide me with CC! I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding any of my images. Thanks!