Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 weeks to go!!!!!!!
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had an easter opening. Might pop down for a day or so... looking at getting me a dome swag, if there's any room in anyones tent or something id be keen, otherwise itll just be a daytrip?
    Nikon fanGIRL
    Nikon D700, Nikon D300s
    + many lenses
    Flickr || RedBubble ||My Website || facebook

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamellieon View Post
    I've had an easter opening. Might pop down for a day or so... looking at getting me a dome swag, if there's any room in anyones tent or something id be keen, otherwise itll just be a daytrip?
    Always room in our campervan Mel.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only 2 weeks to go.
    I'm so looking forward to 5 days of relaxing and walking the bush, with camera. It's going to be great.
    I hope everyone else is looking forward to it. We have a few of us going.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Jules et al

just confirming ... on present timetable we'll be on-site from Wed 20th for a week

we'll be able to run the projector for an hour or so each night to display a selection of each day's shooting
    To save damage to the expensive screen used in workshops, I am making up a temp screen that will need to be attached to my vehicle during displays [unless someone else's van also has batteries & an 240v inverter to run the projector]

Regards, Phil
    Of all the stuff in a busy photographers kitbag, the ability to see photographically is the most important
    google me at Travelling School of Photography
    images.: flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I and my son (Jeremy) and my nephew (Hans) will be there on 22nd and stay for three nights. Hope we can find other people easily
    Be happy, life is beautiful, even through a humble point and shoot camera
    Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by larrywen View Post
    I and my son (Jeremy) and my nephew (Hans) will be there on 22nd and stay for three nights. Hope we can find other people easily
    Larry, I will have my ute so it's easy to see. The yellow one with....41JAS number plates. It's not a huge area so you will find us easy. See you then. We'll be heading out on the 22nd nice and early.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieTraveller View Post
    G'day Jules et al

just confirming ... on present timetable we'll be on-site from Wed 20th for a week

we'll be able to run the projector for an hour or so each night to display a selection of each day's shooting
    To save damage to the expensive screen used in workshops, I am making up a temp screen that will need to be attached to my vehicle during displays [unless someone else's van also has batteries & an 240v inverter to run the projector]

Regards, Phil
    I can't wait to meet you Phil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jules, could you please post a google map of the camp area? It will be very helpful. I am afraid that mobile phone may not work at the camp area.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41jas View Post
    Link to Girraween National Park
    With the link here to the park. As you can see the area called "Wyberba". The turn off is as you can see on the map from the highway which is 6km out of Ballendeen. To the campground is 8km from this turnoff. There is a T section which is well sign posted and just keep following it and is on the right hand side 250m past the first campground which is on the left hand side (which is rougher and the one we don't want) The one we want is larger and more level. Called "Castle rock" Right hand side.

"mud map" as shown

I'm easy to where we park our bums but having some with vans and some with tents, I'm thinking the area right at the end so we can have the tents close by. There are really only 2 bays there because one in washed out really bad.
    OR
    The bays where you can fit 2-3 vans in or even tents alongside, closer to the tent area to the center of the park where you first drive in so we can try and be all together there as well. They are drive through and should fit in easy 2-3 there. Shaded there as well.

The van bays to the left hand side are for small vans but might do if needed and still near the tents for the others. It also depends what is left and the times people arrives but I'm sure Greg will save a few spots if he can. Maybe put up signs to save spots???? Either that or get out the shotgun...LOL

The first ones there have the choice. None are allocated I just thought I'd draw a "rough" map to give you an idea of the layout.

We plan on getting there at daylight to help save some spots to try and be together.

If there is anything else just ask.
    Larry...here is the map again. I reposted it. Zoom out to see where the road takes you. It is well sign posted so you can't miss it. If you have gone to Tenterfield you have gone too far
    Turn off the highway and just keep following the signs. Just remember "OUR" campsite is on the right hand side "PAST" the first one which is on the left. Just read and you will be fine.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    POST #62 has the mud map of the camp site. It will be busy and we might not be able to all be close together but the ones that are there the day early might be able to save some spots. Especially for the vans coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Van has been brought around, washed inside and out. Gas bottles full. Batteries on charge (all camera batteries, AA, AAA, 12V van batteries), water tanks cleaned and drinks picked up. I think we are nearly ready to go......

See you all there. I'm hoping to be leaving around 5:30am Thursday.....
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Bodies: Nikon D4, D300, D80
    Lenses: Nikon AF-S 18-135 kit lens, Nikkor AF-S70-300 1:4.4-5.6 G VR, Nikkor AF Micro 60mm 2.8 D, Nikkor AF 50mm, 1.8 D, Nikkor AF-S 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 G ED, Nikkor AF-S 24-120 f/4G ED VR, Nikkor AF-s 500mm f4G ED VR
    Accessories: SB600 Flash, Flashpro 500SP Studio Lights, Sekonic L758D light meter, Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod, Velbon RUP-43 Monopod, Wemberley Head
    Monitor: Eizo S2231W with Huey monitor calibrator
    Lowepro Slingshot 100AW, Tamrac T31 case, Computrekker AW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a tent and with the help from a neighbor, we have set it up in our backyard. It's beautiful. Can't wait for the day to camp

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser OzzieTraveller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Larry

suggestion if I may - from my tenting days ... before pulling the new tent down, wrap some colour-coded tabs / insulation tape around similar poles so that you can easily sort verticals from horizontals etc etc when you're putting it up again

G'day all ...
    We will have a 240v power board connected to the motorhome & available at all times for camera/torch battery recharging. Inside the MH we can recharge AA + AAA + Panasonic batteries as well

Regards, Phil
    Last edited by OzzieTraveller; 18-04-2011 at 7:52am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much Phil. Your suggestion is great. I will be careful and do the necessary marking when I pull down the new tent.

Thank you a lot for the offering of recharging batteries. I only have one backup battery for my 7D and my son doesn't have any backup battery for his 1000D. So the capability to recharge will definitely give us a lot peace in our mind.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe its nearly here.. and can't forget and more and of course this

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget everyone....as you are driving towards the campgrounds on the main road in......it's the second campground, the one on the right hand side. "Castle Rock". It is sign posted so you should be fine. See you all there. We will try and get all together but if it's busy we will have to go where we can. We will save some spots.

Julie-Anne & Ivan - VAN
    Jacs, Paul & Caren - TENT
    Larry & family - TENT
    Allan & Kathryn - TENT
    Phil & Alayne - MH
    Greg & Debbie - VAN
    Michael - VAN

There we go...3 Van sites, 1 motorhome, 3 tents

Greg is going to try for the van sites to the left of the tent area so we can be all together. Saving some spots.
    We are bringing a large tarp so we can have a communal area if the weather isn't kind. So maybe the tents can go around that.

David can't make it now as he has had a shoulder opperation. Take care David. Going to miss you.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Thursday is nearly booked out to, so it looks as if it will be get where you can.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 41jas View Post
    Looks like Thursday is nearly booked out to, so it looks as if it will be get where you can.
    Some might end up at the other camp ground even. Lets hope not. Lets hope we can save some sites.
    If worst come to worst and we have to spread out we can still always meet up. It's not far apart.

Going to be cold to so bring your woolies. It's forcast on Saturday 8-20 degrees.....but fine.
    Last edited by 41jas; 19-04-2011 at 10:33am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna have to miss this one, making use of the easter motivation and heading further down the coast for a few days
    have fun all!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast