Thread: Who's buying the Olympus E5?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gees Ross, settle mate, in this thread I see only one "anti Oly" post so I wouldn't be calling it a "canikon' tirade.

Each to their own and people choose one brand over another for may reasons so if brand "O" isn't as well represented in the market place as brands "C", "N", "P" or "S" one must look at factors other than pure image quality that unbalance the playing field.
    First on the list must be advertising dollars spent to promote the brands ( a huge percentage of the consumer market are swayed by that ) and then service and support must be up to par for commercial users but we see on this forum and others excellent results from all brands of cameras so make like a duck with a drop of H2o on its back.

Don't let any brand comments spoil the enjoyment of YOUR photography.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Gees Ross, settle mate, in this thread I see only one "anti Oly" post so I wouldn't be calling it a "canikon' tirade.

Each to their own and people choose one brand over another for may reasons so if brand "O" isn't as well represented in the market place as brands "C", "N", "P" or "S" one must look at factors other than pure image quality that unbalance the playing field.
    First on the list must be advertising dollars spent to promote the brands ( a huge percentage of the consumer market are swayed by that ) and then service and support must be up to par for commercial users but we see on this forum and others excellent results from all brands of cameras so make like a duck with a drop of H2o on its back.

Don't let any brand comments spoil the enjoyment of YOUR photography.

Thanks mate. I've just become slightly defensive because of a few critics I've encountered & also some of the British magazines in the past have clearly demonstrated a bias against Olympus, citing features in the main two brands & those same features were in the Olympus model & were not mentioned but highlighted the shortcomings instead.

I need to get out & get more photos from around the Blue Mountains (& get fit), but I try to get bird shots around home & macro stuff as well. It's all fun.
    Last edited by Ross the fiddler; 07-01-2011 at 1:22am.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).