Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross the fiddler View Post
    I am curious to know how well the add on fisheye, wide & macro lenses will work, but if (IF) they produce good results, could be a compact array of lenses.
    I noted those earlier today when reading the Digital Camera Resourse site. The macro is interesting and one would assume that it would have to be a doublet lens (or you would hope), in which case it could be quite good. It must have a 58mm thread and a step-down ring for the standard zoom. I suspect that Olympus may be recycling some of the add-on lenes for their earlier high-spec compact digital cameras of years past.

Edit: Specs are already up on the Olympus Australia web site. Here is a link to the close up lens (you can find the others under the lens product descriptions) http://www.olympus.com.au/component/...9/task,detail/

Unfortunately, not a doublet and only extends the close focus distance marginally, in the case of the 14-42 Mk II, from 0.3m to 0.24m. As the old 14-42 focussed down to 0.25m, just regaining lost ground.

May be more useful on the 14-150 as you get to 0.35m, presumably throughout the zoom range. That would be quite nice at the 150mm.
    Last edited by peterb666; 07-01-2011 at 1:26pm.