Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D7000 low light examples

Hi Guys,

Took a quick walkaround tonight with my new D7000 to check out how it goes in low light!

I'm pretty thrilled with the camera's low light performance - this thing really turns night into day

All shots hand held using my slow 18-55mm kit lens - not the ideal night time lens, but it's all I have with me at the moment in China until I get home.

The shots are pretty well as they came out of the camera. A little white balance adjustment on one before converting the RAW files in View NX2, then resized and a little unsharp mask in GIMP. Oh... I cropped the scarf shot a touch due to my poor framing of the shot... a distracting bit of tarp in the bottom left hand corner just had to go.

Here goes:

Mop and bucket stall in the local street market. An hour after sunset under streetlights. Sorry... it should be sharper... my shoddy handholding technique and VR had our work cut out for us! I probably should have pushed this shot to 6400 just for fun. ISO3200.

Neon restaurant facade after dark. ISO3200.

Ceiling in local restaurant. ISO3200.

My friend Scofield enjoying dinner with me in a local restaurant. ISO3200.

RT Mart Supermarket facade after dark. ISO1600.

The trolley sea at the local RT Mart Supermarket under street lights. ISO 3200.

Scarves on the street in a local market under street lights. ISO3200.

I hope you enjoyed the pics...

Cheers,

Luke.

Last edited by Eberbachl; 12-11-2010 at 5:01am.
    Please don't hesitate to provide me with CC! I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding any of my images. Thanks!