User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  7
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 1 "decent" lens for my first body

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update - I've just purchased a 60D with the 28-135mm - Thanks Arg for your thoughts, maybe I'll have to look into the WA Lens for my next purchase
    Can wait for it to arrive.
    the government that governs best governs least

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy View Post
    Just an update - I've just purchased a 60D with the 28-135mm - Thanks Arg for your thoughts, maybe I'll have to look into the WA Lens for my next purchase
    Can wait for it to arrive.
    Great starting point. When you get around to a UWA, make sure to look at the Sigma 10-20's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PH005 View Post
    Great starting point. When you get around to a UWA, make sure to look at the Sigma 10-20's.
    Are Sigma lens as good as the Canon ones as most people I speak with say Canon makes the better lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are Sigma lens as good as the Canon ones as most people I speak with say Canon makes the better lens
    I guess it all comes down to dollars and cents. If money was no barrier then I guess I would have all Canon lenses. But aftter reading a lot of reviews and feedback I think that there is a lot going for third party lenses. Specs speak for themselves. Try and then buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PH005 View Post
    I guess it all comes down to dollars and cents. If money was no barrier then I guess I would have all Canon lenses. But aftter reading a lot of reviews and feedback I think that there is a lot going for third party lenses. Specs speak for themselves. Try and then buy.
    Thanks, I'll definitely give it a try when I'm going to get my next lens, thanks fir your thoughts and experience

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are certain third party lenses that are very popular amongst other Canon users. For instance, the Sigma prime lenses (30mm, 50mm, 85mm).
    You will find mixed reviews over the net because the quality control of Sigma is not as good as Canon so every once in awhile you might get a "bad copy" that has backfocus or frontfocusing issues.

However, if you get your hands on a good copy, it can be pretty rewarding. Some people even sell off their L lenses after using Sigma primes.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 8perpetual View Post
    You will find mixed reviews over the net because the quality control of Sigma is not as good as Canon so every once in awhile you might get a "bad copy" that has backfocus or frontfocusing issues.

However, if you get your hands on a good copy, it can be pretty rewarding. Some people even sell off their L lenses after using Sigma primes.
    8perpetual, from YOUR personal experiences, can you provide PROOF that the quality control of Sigma lens production is worse than any of the camera makers own lens production or are you just repeating that which you have read on the net and taking it as gospel.

Using statistics, you will probably find that the % rate of "faulty" Sigma lenses is no greater than any other maker. The reason that you hear a lot of net chatter about any perceived problems with their lenses is due to the fact that they simply make and sell more lenses overall than the "brand" names.

We can all cite well known and recurring problems with certain models of lenses from ALL manufacturers, don't fall in to the trap of spreading "net fluff" for the sake of something to say on a forum.
    Last edited by I @ M; 28-02-2011 at 7:36am.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234