Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jump from pc to mac?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work, Jan - you will love it. The screen is beautiful with wonderful clarity and mine was almost colour perfect - I have a Spyder 3 but it hardly ever changes anything when I calibrate. Must go look at the bamboo pen thingy . . . .

Calx - is the Seagate GoFlex Desk and disks compatible with the Airport Express, do you know. I'd like to be able to plug it into that so all the Macs on my network can see it, and the printer can access it that way too. Or does that facility come built into it?
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the USB hard drives will be compatible with the airport extreme and maybe airport express but you have to give them a Mac format first. They will come out of the box with a pc format which is fine when plugged in via a cable but no good over the network.
    I think you have to go in through disk utilities and select one of the options there( can't remember which option). If you are already using the disk you will need to store the files somewhere else while you reformat the disc.
    The AppleCare warrenty service is well worthwhile as it covers the equipment and also any questions you have about any apple products. (like having a son in law on call between 8am and 9pm, and they really know their stuff)
    My MacBook pro opticaldrive stopped mounting discs so it was replaced gratis and I have used their support lots and Lots. If you haven't gotten it now your can get it anytime in the first three months.
    First thing you need to do when you get your new Mac is decide whether you are happy letting apple decide where you should store your files. If you transfer music files iTunes will reorganize your files and potentially duplicAte all your files.
    iPhoto will do the same thing which is probably more annoying for a photographer as you will end up with a vast number of doubled up photos. To me iPhoto is the poster child of the things which really annoys me about apple products. It assumes the user is an idiot and is incredibly inefficient in terms of storage. Having said that the slideshow module is far better than anything created by adobe or anyone else. Everytime you edit a picture in iPhoto it creates a duplicate file, but still retains the original file. Even rotating the format causes this so you can use a lot of disc space very quickly. However iPhoto is the only way you can use your photos in other Mac software packages like iMovie or as desktop images.
    Check the preferences on the applications to select the option to import files without moving location and it will be ok.
    Enjoy the new pooter. The screen is superb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12