After months of waiting (i.e. saving), researching and droolling, I finally took the plunge and brought a 7D to use as my main body, regulating the 40D to 2nd body.

Was intending on purchasing it from a local camera shop but when they refused to allow me to test/play/look at the settings on the 7D that was sitting in the store, I thanked them for their time and walked straight out of the shop. Has anyone experienced customer service like this. Really, why would you want to fork out $2K on a camera where you were not allowed to turn it on. Suffice to say, ended up heading back into the city and finding it along one of the camera shops along Elizabeth Street (Melb based).

Have only taken a few shots on the 7D thus far and was quite impressed with the auto ISO feature, if somewhat noisy. Still trying to get my head around the 19 points area selection mode.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what worked and didn't work for them in regards to changing their settings. I tend to shoot RAW so WB and picture styles wont really get used. Suppose I'm more interested in the custom settings and changing buttons to quickly access AF point selection, AEB, remote flash etc.

Any feedback or guidance would be welcomed.

Thanx