Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Which Tablet for a Newbie??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which Tablet for a Newbie??

Hi All,

Would love some up-to-date advice or recommendations on a graphics tablet to use with a Dell laptop. I'm trying to improve my digital post processing skills and it's been suggested that maybe it's time to pass in the mouse and move onto a tablet (yikes!!).

I've read a few reviews and Wacom seem to be the way to go, but which one??? Would love to hear from anyone who has a tablet (any brand) and why you chose the brand / model and size you have (pros and cons would be great!!).

Thanks heaps!!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The Wacom's come in all different shapes and sizes for a reason, not everyone likes small, not everyone likes big. So as to which one, that is something you have decided for yourself. Obviously the more you pay, the more features you get, so it is a matter of weighing up what you want from your tablet and getting the ones that suits your needs. I have a Wacom Intuos 4
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Wacom Bamboo fun and it great. At the start, it took me little while to get use to it then I get better and really enjoy it. One setback is lack of zoom features so I use the mouse for pan and zooming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which tablet for a newbie, Panadol or maybe Voltarin and plenty of them.

Trust me as a Newbie I know (never trust a man who says trust me).

Craig.
    Canon 450D with kit lenses 15-55mm and 55-250mm.
    Beginner wanting to improve.
    Thanks for taking the time to review my photo's any constructive comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Bamboo Pen & Touch- but as Rick says, size will suit the user. I went to a store that had the various sizes on display and found the one to suit me that way.

Don't forget that size will also determine how much desk space it needs - it's not just about functionality but ergonomics as well.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Wacom Bamboo fun and I love it. I still use a mouse - have the Bamboo mouse, which I use when I'm not using Photoshop etc.
    I've been told that the large sized tablets don't suit everyone as you have to move your hand around a lot more - but it depends on what makes you feel comfortable.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a Wacom ( don't use it to much to be honest), but agree with what others have said size does matter, ergonomically as well as desktop space. Try and find somewhere that you can try them and find the size that suits you.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up THANKS!!

Thanks all for your replies. I didn't even think about pan and zoom which you kinda take for granted with the click of a mouse button. Looks like I'll be taking a trip to a store to test a few out for size (best be measuring my desk space too!).

I really appreciate your time to reply to my thread. Thanks heaps!!

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! Might be needing these when I get my Wacom and start the learning process!