User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Neoca S2 rangefinder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neoca S2 rangefinder

I was wandering through a Lifeline store and came across a Neoca S2 with leather case and lightmeter for $20. It's not in great nick, but I've seen them go for $60-$70 on Ebay. Does anyone know much about them? I've googled and the only thing I can find is a very basic user guide and that "Users on internet newsgroups report the camera scratches their film" which was on camerapedia. No idea where that came from, but I'm curious if there's anyone with any experience with this out there.

The shutter fires ok, and the speeds seem kind of on the money... Dunno if the rangefinder itself works though, but I need a lightmeter for my Nikormat FTn so I may just bite the bullet and go for it. Any info'd be much appreciated though...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just get it. a working lightmeter is worth at least that. throw a roll of film through the rangefinder and see if it scratches. light scratches shouldn't matter that much on colour neg (infared scan will tidy that up), but will be a PITA on black and white.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bought it. I'm just about to head out to run a roll through it and see how the lightmeter works. Shutter speeds seem fairly accurate, and although the rrangefinder is fairly dim it appears to work... I'll post some pics with it up here. The lightmeter's a Sekonic L-6 maybe?

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sekonic L-6 makes it a good deal - these should sell for around $20 in working condition.

Instructions for the light meter here if you don't know how to use it... Sekonic L6

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Success! Most of the shots turned out, so the lightmeter's working ok. I've got to get used to the rangefinder (there's no parallax correction) and the shutter sticks on speeds of 1/10 or slower but she works just fine.

This one's straight off the crappy neg scanner and resized, but no other PP

Neoca 2S Test shot by ExZacT, on Flickr