User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: "Issues" with D60

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Issues" with D60

I've dug my camera out of temporary hibernation but have a couple of problems with it, wondering if somene can please help me. I'm fairly new to all of this so I would appreciate "simplistic" language, please.

In auto mode - I am getting a message of [r11] on the screen display - can someone please tell what this error means as I can't find it in the manual. I am also unable to take photos in relatively dark situations, even though the flash pops up (and I haven't noticed this problem before).

In manual mode - the electronic display states F-- in aperature and --m in focal length. Can someone please tell me what this means?

Many thanks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    does your lens have an aperture dial and lock? Lock it, the F--- is related to the aperture dial on the lens not being locked.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what lens are you using?
    In manual mode, that F-- error usually signifies an 'incompatible' lens, or one not set to the correct aperture(which should always be the highest number).
    The r11 message indicates the number of images you can shoot in a single burst before the buffer(internal camera memory) fills up entirely, where the camera either slows right down to a glacial shooting pace or may simply not respond(until the buffer clears).

More info on the lens you're using would be helpful.

other hopeful fixes would be: remove the lens and remount. If that doesnt' immediately fix the camera, then remove the lens and give the gold coloured contact points on the rear of the lens a very light rub with an eraser to clean them a little. One of them may have a very flakey electrical connection.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks Rick and Arthur for your quick responses. I did remove and replace the lens after cleaning the contacts, and it is all working fine now.

thanks and regards,
    Liz

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love happy endings!