Ok this is a new situation for me. Up front I've never sold any of my photos and it's never been my intention to make money from what is just an enjoyable hobby for me.

Yesterday I received a message on Flickr from an artist (painter) in the UK who has asked to use 2 or 3 of my photos to use as a basis for her paintings. I asked her for more information and she gave me a link to her blog/site. She's a professional artist who paints daily and sells her work online (some pieces I've seen so far are selling for around 65 - 85 pounds).

So far she's said to me that "I go with the flow as per attribution i.e. what the photographer wants! Everyone is so different with regards to their work, I find there are no set rules, so best to ask, have a chat and go from there."

I have to admit I'm not sure how to respond to that. I would like to think that if she's making money on work that's based on imagery created by me, surely I'm entitled to a cut of the profit ? Or am I being too greedy and should I be happy with some form of attribution on her work ? Have to say I'm stumped so I'm keen to hear anyone's thoughts on this situation.