Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: New 60D impressed with clarit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 60D impressed with clarit

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from the very fine Canon 10D, which although old was serving me well until it hit the ground with an aftermarket 300mm lens attached.
    It was announced DOA and they kindly replaced it with a 60D.

I am not just happy with my new camera but astounded and I am still within my first 4 days and under 100 shots.

It has amazing depth of field, great focus points, good macro and distance abilities.

I can not compare it to a the 7D as I havent had the priveledge to use one however the video is great for small snippets, kids shots etc, and the multi/sports mode is fast!

I am sure other people will have less positive things to say, but if you are coming up from a 300/400/450D or an older 10D etc this is a world away!

I look forward to proving its worth over the following weeks as I learn to use its new powers so much better.

Oh and the replacement for the Solignor 300mm was a Sigma 120-400mm so you can expect Stingray's and my bird, dolphin and eagle shots to improve dramatically.

Just my intermediate enthusiasts view.

Kaety
    I try to keep everyone happy, hence I am insane, as this can never be done!

Bodies: EOS 60D, EOS 300D - Lenses (so far) Sigma 120-400mm F4.5-5.6 APO DG OS, Canon EF 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 IV, Canon EF 35-70mm 3.5-4.5 Manfrotto 190XB Tripod and a 804RC2 Mount

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look forward to seeing some shots from it, Kaety
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a little puzzpled by the 'amazing depth of field' statement. Depth of field will be exactly the same as your old 10D body, the sensor are exactly the same size. Unless you have a different lens? No doubt the 60D is a great enthusiasts camera, but it's sad they killed off the xxD line with more of an entry level dSLR. Though I guess the 7D took over the mantle from the 50D.
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedEx View Post
    a little puzzpled by the 'amazing depth of field' statement. Depth of field will be exactly the same as your old 10D body, the sensor are exactly the same size. Unless you have a different lens? No doubt the 60D is a great enthusiasts camera, but it's sad they killed off the xxD line with more of an entry level dSLR. Though I guess the 7D took over the mantle from the 50D.
    Agree! Whilst the gear can be important, the photographer is the main tool that determines how good the results are. I too am looking forward to seeing some of your photos soon.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, I have got a new lens now the Sigma 120-400 but I think the sensor was damaged and dirty in my 10D so I am finding even with my old lenses I am achieving better quality shots.

I am still a re-learner. I think I was more referring to focal settings I am still learning how to use!

Thanks for the feedback!

Kaety

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there just upgraded from my 400d to 60d. It suits my photography, and my knees and rest of my body feels better thanks to the swivel screen. I am very happy with it. Cant wait to take it out for a shoot.

I liked this about your photo.......To improve on it you could........Well done and keep posting

http://www.flickr.com/photos/roshoto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like I only just got my 40D and now its obviously a museum piece. Congratulations on the the acquisition and I gather you have a very good insurance company replacing new for old!!
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."