User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  4

Thread: Pentax K-x for a curious Nikon Shooter?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pentax K-x for a curious Nikon Shooter?

Hi Guys,

I currently have a Nikon D5000, and D90 (I have also had a D40, D50, D70 and D80).

I'm curious about Pentax, and wouldn't mind having a crack at one just for fun... if it works out and I really love it I might jump ship and sell all of my Nikon gear.

The K7 looks like a lovely camera, yet from what I can tell the low light performance isn't great.

The new K5 looks really nice - but I'm not comfortable dropping that sort of dough just on a test.

I was thinking - hey - the K-x looks like a nice camera, is supposed to have great low light performance (better than K7?) seems to have a decent sensor (the same Sony sensor as my D90 and D5000?) and looks like great value.

Would the K-x with one decent lens be a good buy to test Pentax as a system?

The idea would be, try the K-x out. If I don't like it, flip it on eBay. If I love it, keep it as a knock about body and grab a K5 when the prices have stabilised a bit.

What do Pentax shooters think or recommend... What am I missing here?

I've never so much as held a Pentax but am thinking it'd be fun to give it a try.

Last edited by Eberbachl; 29-10-2010 at 7:42pm.
    Please don't hesitate to provide me with CC! I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding any of my images. Thanks!