Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon D7000 is now available at DigitalRev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * edited, inappropriate comment *
    Last edited by ricktas; 04-11-2010 at 8:10am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta do something while I'm waiting for the battery to charge........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice!

Now you're just teasing!

Mine's scheduled for delivery Saturday.

Please don't hesitate to provide me with CC! I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding any of my images. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gah!

Now there's a problem with my DigitalRev order!

Because I'm working in China ATM and want it shipped here (the shipping address) instead of home in Australia (my billing address), they want me to provide them with my credit card statement and utility bills to prove my identity before they'll ship.

Of course I don't have them with me...

I've emailed them to see what we can do to sort it out. Hopefully it won't be too difficult, or I might have to wait until I get back home before I can order it, missing out on all the great shooting opportunities here!

... I eagerly await their reply.

I mean really... if I was trying to rip them off, I'd be going for more than a simple D7000 body only. A D3x with an AF-S 600mm f/4 sounds more like it!
    Last edited by Eberbachl; 04-11-2010 at 5:13pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was gonna get the D3100 for christmas ........ hubby just informed me im getting the D7000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAGHGHkgnklasngfksjfklsjgflajgjgklw

He wanted me to know before he ordered it in case it wasnt what i wanted. silly boy! of course it is

ordering it this weekend from dig rev.

*happy dance*

PS. I also get to pick out any lens i want to add to my order

PPS. I really love my husband
    xxx K
    Visit me on Facebook!

CC welcome!

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KarenDay View Post

PS. I also get to pick out any lens i want to add to my order

PPS. I really love my husband

Karen, your husband is an incredibly intelligent man.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANY Lens?

Wow!

That's one heck of a husband!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eberbachl View Post
    Gah!

Now there's a problem with my DigitalRev order!

Because I'm working in China ATM and want it shipped here (the shipping address) instead of home in Australia (my billing address), they want me to provide them with my credit card statement and utility bills to prove my identity before they'll ship.

Of course I don't have them with me...

I've emailed them to see what we can do to sort it out. Hopefully it won't be too difficult, or I might have to wait until I get back home before I can order it, missing out on all the great shooting opportunities here!

... I eagerly await their reply.

I mean really... if I was trying to rip them off, I'd be going for more than a simple D7000 body only. A D3x with an AF-S 600mm f/4 sounds more like it!

This is VERY disappointing!

I've tried calling them (internationally from my mobile), and all I get is put on hold and nobody answers the bloody phone.

I've sent a bunch of emails, and replied to their request for further information, and all I get is brainless automated replies from their ticketing system and no responses from a real customer service advisor.

Very disapointing indeed.

If they don't pull their finger out I'll just have to cancel the order and pick one up retail in Shanghai next week if I can find one, or wait 'till I get home and buy one locally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @eber - have you tried sending them a PM here on the forum ? I've received nothing but prompt responses both via PM and email from the DR guys, maybe the authentication of your ID is making things drag out a bit longer ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you really think a PM from a third party forum should be a more efficient way of communicating with them than a direct phone call, an attempt to use their own chat facility, an email or a response to their own ticketing system?

I know the authentication of my ID is the problem holding up the order. That's not the frustrating part in itself (although I did check with them before placing the order and I was assured it would be no problem to deliver it to me in China although I normally reside in Australia).

The real issue is that they're making it difficult to solve it. Time is not on my side as I'm leaving this city and travelling to Shanghai at the end of next week. I was assured (before placing the order) that it would be no problem, that they would process the order immediately, deliver within 24 hours and that the delivery would take 2-5 days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the frustration, I just received yet another email from them (from a different person) identical to the first one. Now they seem to have raised two separate parallel document requests with me (despite them having the same ticketing ID number), and have not read any of the explanations, emails or requests for assistance that I've sent them.

It seems that the head doesn't know what the arse is doing.
    Last edited by Eberbachl; 04-11-2010 at 7:16pm.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the frustration,
    Mate, I am beginning to think that you are adding to your own frustration a little with this one.

Digital Rev have posted before for people that are having any sort of problem to send a direct PM and that will alert someone in the chain of command to the problem. You have received the same good advice in this thread and still you are getting frustrated by taking more time to tell us about your frustration than it would have taken to write a simple PM ---------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANY Lens?

Wow!

That's one heck of a husband!!!

yeah but i just sold an investment property (im a stay at home mum, but my financial contribution to the household income is investing husband's money how i see fit) .... so i just made us some nice christmas money

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much. i already have a 70-200mm f2.8, so im just after something for protraits that isnt just a kit lens. its been awhile since i bought something nice for myself, so i deserve it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

Just Wow!

I'm stunned.

Without so much as a single attempt to answer my queries about the types of documentation I could provide them for authentication they've just sent me an email simply saying I should cancel the order and re-order it, paying by direct bank deposit instead so they don't need any authentication documentation.

Paying by bank transfer doesn't suit me in this instance.

I'm really dissapointed that despite saying it would be fine before I ordered (and I clearly explained I'm an Australian and wanted it shipped to China), they won't even try to work with me to resolve this issue.

Very disappointing.

I guess I'll try and pick one up retail in Shanghai next week or grab one locally when I get home.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Mongo thinks everyone is getting a little too excited about this camera. Admittedly, even Mongo had reasonable hopes for this one if he was not going to go to a full sensor camera. However, there are stacks of tests and comparisons between this and the D700 and the D300s that should be looked at before necessarily rushing to conclusions and purchase of this camera.
    Mongo, I've just bought a D2X instead of this D7000 for my 100 ISO needs.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... so i just made us some nice christmas money

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much.

Whoah up there, what you really meant was that you wanted an 85mm F/1.4 wasn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Mate, I am beginning to think that you are adding to your own frustration a little with this one.

Digital Rev have posted before for people that are having any sort of problem to send a direct PM and that will alert someone in the chain of command to the problem. You have received the same good advice in this thread and still you are getting frustrated by taking more time to tell us about your frustration than it would have taken to write a simple PM ---------
    My point was simply that I tried many methods of communication and that they were not even wiling to help try and find a resolution to this.

Why would a PM be any different to an attempt at a phone call, their online chat, an email or their incident tracking system?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah but i just sold an investment property (im a stay at home mum, but my financial contribution to the household income is investing husband's money how i see fit) .... so i just made us some nice christmas money

plus he knows all i want next is a nice 50mm .... so it wont be too much. i already have a 70-200mm f2.8, so im just after something for protraits that isnt just a kit lens. its been awhile since i bought something nice for myself, so i deserve it
    Excellent - Enjoy!

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eberbachl, yes you tried a few different forms of communication but why were you so reluctant to try one more when it was suggested but you were more than happy to vent your spleen publicly about your problem.
    I reckon a far more rational approach would be to totally exhaust all means of communication before hitting the keyboard whilst in a bad mood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth I've taken your advice and sent a PM.

We'll see if it helps - if it does that's great, but the level of apathy and incompetence so far is disappointing regardless. I haven't been abusive - I've just told it how it is. Quite transparently.

Why should one refrain from reporting how something is progressing? I don't think it's reasonable to have to settle for poor service anywhere.

If they at least tried to work with me to identify a fix I would have been understanding and quite happy, but I don't think anyone even read my messages before responding.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast