Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

live monitor view

Hi all

Not sure what the correct terminology is called for this,

But how do i hook up a computer or laptop to my camera while i am taking photos so i can see the result on the larger screen. Is there special software required for this, if so what? Is there special equipment for this, if so what?

Thanks in advance
    Kyle
    Canon EOS 50D, Canon 15-85 F3.5-5.6 IS USM, Canon 70-200 F4L IS USM - Fujifilm finepix s9600,

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if your talking about your 50d it has got full instructions in manual
    if you have no manual you can download one
    cheers macca

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle it's referred to as "tethering" or "shooting tethered". Not sure about the Canon specific stuff, but you can do most popular DSLR's with Lightroom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the canon budled software will allow you to do it. Plug the usb cable in, turn the camera on and in the little download pics box that should pop up, there will be a section for tethered shooting. Just start mashing buttons on your computer screen, you will find it. I've gotta say, it really is a superb way of manually focusing using a giant computer monitor
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedEx View Post
    Even the canon budled software will allow you to do it. Plug the usb cable in, turn the camera on and in the little download pics box that should pop up, there will be a section for tethered shooting. Just start mashing buttons on your computer screen, you will find it. I've gotta say, it really is a superb way of manually focusing using a giant computer monitor
    Yes, it's called Canon EOS Utility (on the disc supplied with your 50D, or download from www.Canon) connect your camera to the PC with supplied USB cable ("Tethered") then open the program (may open automatically when you turn camera on), select the Control Camera tab, then select Camera Settings/Remote Shooting button. A small panel pops up with most of the main controls you have on the camera which allows you to take pictures and change settings with the click of a mouse ("Remote Shooting"). I think it defaults to showing liveview image (at work, can't confirm) but there's certainly settings that let you do it.

Cheers
    John

EOS 1D MKIII x2, EOS 6D; Samyang 14 2.8 IF ED UMC, EF 17-40 4 L, EF 24-70 2.8 L, EF 50 1.4, EF 85 1.8, EF 70-200 2.8 L IS, EF 100 2.8 macro, EF 400 5.6 L, 1.4x II TC, EF25 ET; Speelite 580EX, 430EX; Nissin Di866II; Yongnuo YN560i/ii & YN460ii, YN622C's, RF602's; Gitzo GT3541XLS + Markins Q20i; Manfrotto 055XProB + Giottos MH1301; Manfrotto 680B c/w Kirk MPA-1; Tamrac Pro5, ThinkTank Airport Accelerator, Airport Antidote V2, Pro Speed Belt + Racing Harness + Modular Skin Set; Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CS5.
    myflickr

Scarlet letters aren't that bad.. I rather like L

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi thanks for the tips, I used the canons eos utility, how simple was that, IT even better knowing that you can control the camera from the computer software.

Thanks again
    Kyle