Thread: Anti Spyware/malware program

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anti Spyware/malware program

Hiiii does anyone know of a good antispywear/malware program to get rid of a pesky bug I hav lurking around?
    I use adaware and iobot 360 and a registry cleaner but I can't seem to get rid of the bug.. Are there any programs better out there to help

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Malware bytes and Avast!
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spybot Search & Destroy. Never failed yet.
    Peter.

Some of my photo's are at www.peterking.id.au

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah yes I just got malware bytes last night and I use avast as my antivirus.. But it hasn't got rid of the bug either it keeps alerting that it's trying to connect to a malicious website and when I block it, the Internet jams up then windows has a heart attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullguard was recommend to me be computer guys, works well.
    Rachel
    Canon 50D/ 5DMK2; 24-70 f2.8L; 18-200 IS (kit); 50 f1.8 II; Sigma 10-20; 430 EXII; Lowepro bags; plus other accessories
    LR3, CS5 & PSE6

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm it's gettin frustrating now what would be causing the sychost.exe to keep having to shut down?

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's your Windows knowledge jimbob? There is a free (I think) utility called "HighjackThis" that does a scan of your registry and allows you to easily remove entries. But you need to be really careful when using it or you could cause system problems. I've used it in the past to get rid of some of those redirect type nasties but can't remember exact details now. Google it for more info if interested.

You'll probably find that you have a number of svchost.exe processes running. There is a utility to let you know what each one is doing but I can't remember what it's called at the moment. I'll post when I find it. It might help you narrow down the problem.

Cheers.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sYchost.exe is a virus. sVchost.exe is a normal windows program. Check which one it is that's causing the problem and then do a search on the net. Lot's of fixes out there if it's a virus, bit more technical if it is the svchost.exe causing problems.

edit: ^^ what Phil said also.
    Last edited by wmphoto; 26-10-2010 at 3:38pm.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah hah!! after dloading all sorts of spyware/malware programs... adaware malwarebytes, spyboot, iobit security, cc cleaner, registry cleaners etc... which none of them helped my problem untill i found a program named tsskiller by kapersky.
    it scanned my files and found a deeply hidden rootkit bug that was causing the grief and now that it cleared it up my system back to normal touch wood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its always good to have multiple anti-virus programs because some update different areas quicker. I know this is solved but for anyone else having problems http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ is great and free and for paid Nod32 is probably the best
    The harsher the CC the quicker i learn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit late to the party but just last week I had some bugs on pc. The bug would not allow access to spybot search & destroy, blocked me out of other avtivirus + antispyware programs. As for antivirus I also use avast.
    It was driving me crazy cause I was getting that many popups it was not funny, pc kept shutting down, or freezing. I finally tried malwarebytes and spyware terminator yay these 2 programs worked, and very happy to say that after 2 days of fiddling and great frustration I am now bug free for now.
    Glad you found the culprit jimbob.
    Cheers Debra
    Canon 50D l G11 l Sigma 17-70 l Sigma 70-200 l Sigma 10-20 l Canon 50mm 1.8 ll l
    Canon 60mm macro l Canon 100mm Macro lS l Canon 17- 85 l Canon 24-105mm l Speedlight 580 EX ll + other bits n pieces
    ||Tamron 18-270mm

Amor fati!
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another avast user here

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prevention is better than cure. So not getting infected in the first place is the goal.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet. Re-build the PC from original media, patch, install AV etc, then reload your apps and backed up data (we all backup don't we?)

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice Kim. I am very wary of registry cleaners, I currently have a serious problem with my computer caused by them in that I can't open any raw files I didn't find this till I got my 7d and tried to update my canon software, this was about 11 months after installing the registry cleaner. The new software refused to install then I couldn't uninstall the older version which would no longer work. I have tried everything to overcome this problem, reinstall, uninstall install old version over the top, nothing works. I am getting enough together to update my computer. motherboard, processor, memory. 2-1Tb HDD's, video card and OS as the only way left to fix the problem is to reformat and start again.
    Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one anti-virus will handle all cases, unfortunately. And in the world of anti-virus software, the old adage of "you get what you pay for" generally applies. As a result, you tend to need a whole arsenal of (free) programs to cover all your bases.

As Kym says, prevention is far better than cure in this case. I don't use anti-virus software (at home) as a rule, but I have managed to get bitten once or twice in the last decade. I figure that's not too bad overall, and a re-install every few years is certainly better than have to juggle a dozen scanners and suffer the performance hits...
    --
    Nikon D90
    Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II, Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
    Nikon SB-700 Speedlight
    RRS BH-55 Ballhead & B2 AS II Clamp
    (no legs yet)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AVG .... say no more.
    cheers Kerro
    I shoot with Canon cameras and Canon and Sigma lenses and now a Mavic Pro too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerro View Post
    AVG .... say no more.
    There are plenty of viruses that (free) AVG won't detect or, just as importantly, won't eliminate. Unfortunately.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have AVG(paid version)for virus, and another vote for malwarebytes
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/ is really all you need if you haven't got an Apple Mac.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have used pc cillan for the last 9 years and have not had one virus
    if you keep paying for it every year and it will give you regular updates and will do the best of keeping your computer clean
    i think a lot of the trouble is having multiple programs and they work against each other
    cheers macca

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast