Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Schneider Kreuznach TS lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schneider Kreuznach TS lenses

Has anyone looked into these lenses?
    they are releasing 2 TS lenses for Canon, Nikon, Pentax and Sony mounts next year.

I'm looking the the 50mm f/2.8
    I was very interested in the canon 45mm ts-e but it's not meant to be the best lens optically but at fairly good prices with the dollar that way it is at the moment, about 1,300Aus.

where as the Schneider Kreuznach 50mm would go for 2,800Euro, about 4,000Aus
    but it might be worth it......

here's a link to what i'm looking at
    http://www.photographyblog.com/news/...hotokina_2010/
    Canon 5D MKII, 17-40mm f/4L, 24-105mm f/4L, 17mm TS-E f/4L, 24mm f/1.4L II, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L
    135mm f/2L.
    Alien bee lights, Gitzo tripods, Adobe CS5

I find the single most valuable tool on my computer is my recycle bin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are the makers of B+W filters, so I would expect nothing less than exquisite glass.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure these are fine lenses, optically, but being 'worth it' is always a relative thing. I'm sure they are for many people. I wonder if you can ever get your hands on one to try before you buy as this isn't an amount of money I'd part with based on a name or reputation.

What do you want to do with this lens?

JJ

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjphoto View Post
    I'm sure these are fine lenses, optically, but being 'worth it' is always a relative thing. I'm sure they are for many people. I wonder if you can ever get your hands on one to try before you buy as this isn't an amount of money I'd part with based on a name or reputation.

What do you want to do with this lens?

JJ
    It sounds strange but I mostly want to use it for portraiture, I think it could open up a lot of creative options in this area.
    It's also my favourite focal length when shooting portraits.
    I also would use it for architecture.

No Idea where I could try this lens in melbourne, It's hard to get your hands on a zeiss let alone a schneider kreuznach

I haven't bought a lens for ages and I've been waiting for a good TS lens around this focal length. I was hoping canon would release a MK2 of the 45mm.
    I feel if I do get it, it'll be a very unique lens, with unique results.
    Hopefully it'll pay for its self one day if i do get it

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50mm is not quite wide enough for architecture. I use a 24mm TS Nikon and find that even this has limitations .......... it is nice to have an edge or some thing that will give a different result, but at what cost as Nikon and Canon both make different focal length TS lens. The Nikon range of TS Lens are know for their sharpness
    Last edited by Big Pix; 24-10-2010 at 12:24pm. Reason: grammer

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pix View Post
    50mm is not quite wide enough for architecture. I use a 24mm TS Nikon and find that even this has limitations .......... it is nice to have an edge or some thing that will give a different result, but at what cost as Nikon and Canon both make different focal length TS lens. The Nikon range of TS Lens are know for their sharpness
    I already have the 17mm TS-e, which gives amazing results. I use it with the 1.4 converter with surprisingly good out come too.
    so I'm good with the wide angle of architecture. I thought a 50mm would come in handy sometimes though.
    But yes I think it would give me something different, and maybe the edge in some photos that others wouldn't be able to get...