Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  15

Thread: Travel Lenses - Nikon Options

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I`d take the 18-200 for sure and your wide angle zoom. I just went to Turkey with the 17-55 being the main lens I used but the weight....hmmmm. Good advice from Warren above. I think the 18-200, the 50 and your 12-24.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a regular travel photographer overseas, keep it light and keep it simple, and keep it DISCREET! is the best advice I can offer you

use the 18-200 for most things in day time, switch to 12-24 when indoors and for creative shots, and the prime when light falls and u need a bit more light sucked in.

the flash is an iffy issue, some places in Asian countries particularly Thailand and India do not like flashes to go off indoors when its bounced especially in old historic buildings etc. It also attracts the attention of thieves a lot more, carrying a big set up. I used to carry one, but havent felt the need for a flash gun in the last 2 yrs abroad.