User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Printers - so many out there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Printers - so many out there

I am looking at a printer that will give me a high quality print for my photos,print on various papers, perhaps also canvas, double sided and A3, not for office stuff, have a budget of up to about $1200 oh and reasonably light weight if possible.
    All suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you taken a look at the Epson R1900?

It is quite highly regarded.

What sort of print volumes are you looking at? Any a3 sized printer is going to have quite small ink tanks which you will need to replace quite often. It's not until you go to the A2 or larger printers when you start to get more ecomonical sized ink tanks.

I was in the same situation a little while ago and was looking for an A3 printer. I ended up going with a second hand Epson 3800 due to the much larger ink tanks. I don't print above a3 very often, but the option to go to a2 is very nice! Once you print large, you'll want to go even larger

Good luck
    Paul
    Australian Nature Photography

Nikon D7000
    Nikkor 12-24, Nikkor 28-70/2.8, Nikkor 50/1.8, Tamron 60/2, Sigma 100-300/4, Sigma 180/3.5 macro, Nikkor 500/4, 1.4x TC, 1.7x TC

(Comments And Critique On My Images Most Welcome)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul is spot on about the smaller ink tanks, I have the Epson R2880 and it is absolutely fantastic except the small tanks. Personally as I do not use in a Commercial sense it is all I need. It also has the benefit of using roll paper. I have had mine profiled by Image Science in Melbourne and having a calibrated monitor as well give incredibly accurate results. Absolutely love this printer and I'm sure it falls within your price point.

Good luck with what ever you purchase.
    Fujifilm GA645Wi
    Canon PowerShot G10
    Canon 17-40 f/4L 70-200 f/4L
    Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 & CS4