User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Tamron SP 70-300mm Canon-mount availability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tamron SP 70-300mm Canon-mount availability

There have been very good reports of the Tamron SP 70-300 mm f/4-5.6 Di VC USD, particularly about its sharpness and reasonable price. Unfortunately it has only been available in a Nikon mount initially - now it appears there are some becoming available overseas in a Canon mount.

Does anyone know when these might be available on the Australian market?
    Mike

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I remember, I will check with my Maxwells rep tomorrow and let you know
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some reliable overseas crowds, like Digitalrev, and the larger Americans (I mean't photostores) - Like Adorama. I have not had any problem importing items, just be a bit careful to look at the complaints files and if there are lots (and usually the price is too good to be true) steer clear.
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DigitalRev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bercy View Post
    There are some reliable overseas crowds, like Digitalrev, and the larger Americans (I mean't photostores) - Like Adorama. I have not had any problem importing items, just be a bit careful to look at the complaints files and if there are lots (and usually the price is too good to be true) steer clear.
    Bercy, Thank you for referring! Yes, we do have the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Lens in stock and the price is at AU$209.99. Feel free to search for "Tamron" on our website DigitalRev
    DigitalRev - My photos, my storyâ„¢

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bercy, Thank you for referring! Yes, we do have the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2 Lens in stock and the price is at AU$209.99.
    Unfortunately the lens you listed isn't the one I originally asked about - my want is the new SP with the VC and USD and is apparently significantly better than Tamron's original offering in this size. Commensurate with that the price will be at least twice the one you stated.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DigitalRev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blissful View Post
    Unfortunately the lens you listed isn't the one I originally asked about - my want is the new SP with the VC and USD and is apparently significantly better than Tamron's original offering in this size. Commensurate with that the price will be at least twice the one you stated.
    Unfortunately, we don't have the SP 70-300mm, there are others, like the 28-75, 180, 90mm, etc. Tamron Lenses