User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography Jobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an interesting story William, and it is one I bet is still played out by more than a few talent scout agencies, particularly the ones with constant cheesy adverts in newspapers. Lots of empty promises...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As always somebody out to make a quick buck & don't care who they fleece along the way. Trouble is, they don't care, they would sleep soundly knowing they are raking it in without any thought to the poor bugga's who are coughing up hard earned money.
    Lloyd
    Canon 5D2+40D+L+Σ+S100
    Never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new ones, try a different one each day
    Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep laughing when I see the serviceseeking.com.au quote requests. I find almost all the ones I see, are simply people looking to get something done dirt cheap, and all but free in some cases. Sad thing is that I also see many get a number of quotes from prospective suppliers, who I suspect (regarding photography) are simply enthusiasts looking to make whatever they can in the hope it leads to more or gives them experience.

I would love to know how many people use a photographer sourced from that site, and end up unhappy with the final product without taking into account what they paid for the job. Great for those looking for experience (and I could use plenty of that), but I couldn't be bothered with the unhappy clients in the end.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a crack on trial in securing a couple of large jobs, there were at least 10 other bidders each time. It's getting harder to tell via a website who's ft pro and whos an enthusiast, but, I think each time there was a mix, I didn't even get close on my bids
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12