User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adorama, B&H, etc.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Remember if ordering, click through the links from AP, as commission is then paid, which helps pay to keep AP online:

www.adorama.com

www.bhphotovideo.com

You can click the above, or from any banner ad as they rotate on the site, or go to the site advertisers page to find them. The quickest way to the site advertiser page is to click the 'site sponsors' button that appears between the banner ads at the top and bottom of AP site pages
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's exactly what I did with B&H Rick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x 3 for Adorama Rick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by forjahwarrior View Post
    I ordered a Manfrotto tripod and ball head from B and H, only I got it sent to someone in the US (for free), then they shipped it out to me - saved an extra bit of cash doing it that way.
    Yeah I was thinking the same but I don't know anyone in the US

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you B&H!

Got my order today.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheach View Post
    Yeah I was thinking the same but I don't know anyone in the US
    There are sites that will do that for you, like a forwarder, they charge about 5% of cost to do it though.

Roo
    Call me Roo......
    Nikon D300s, Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX, Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Af-S, Nikon 18-200mm VR, Nikon 70-200VRII 2.8, Sigma 105 Macro, Sigma 150-500mm f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, Tokina 12-24mm, Sb-600, D50, Nikon 1.7 T/C, Gitzo CF Monopod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rellik666 View Post
    There are sites that will do that for you, like a forwarder, they charge about 5% of cost to do it though.

Roo
    Do you have one that you can recommend. Rather go with one that are tested and trustworthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to order a 24-70 lens from Amazon and had trouble with the shipping. I sent an email and the reply was that they dont ship to Australia. Why would that be??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley66 View Post
    I just tried to order a 24-70 lens from Amazon and had trouble with the shipping. I sent an email and the reply was that they dont ship to Australia. Why would that be??
    Could be any number of reasons, including a contract with Canon due to warranty and not shipping internationally etc. You would need to ask Amazon why.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just received my new Sigma 10-20, lowepro versapack and a few extras like cards, battery, filter, etc.
    Adorama were great, ordered Thursday night and arrived in Perth on Tuesday. I was impressed that they did a "bundle" deal on the lens with free filter and cleaning kit and it was still the cheapest deal that I could find. I also didn't think that the postage charged was too excessive (it was a big box) at $80. Thanks Adorama and thank you strong AUD!
    Shirl
    Gear - 7D, Canon 100mm macro f2.8L, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 24-70 f2.8, nifty fifty, tripod, hitech filters, lowepro versapack and a long wishlist!
    http://www.shirleymilburn.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/ShirleyMilburnPhotography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wish I had seen this thread before my recent order, of which I'm waiting delivery. I will remember this in future as I have bought from B&H a couple of times and I've had absolutely nothing to complain about. Adorama have some great prices too.

Adorama Camera Customer Service HelenOster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbs1 View Post
    Thanks Adorama!

Wish I'd seen this last-but-one post earlier, too. Thanks SO much for your feedback, which is highly appreciated.

BTW if you ever need advice, or after-sales support, with any order from Adorama, I'm only ever an email away: Helen@adorama.com
    Last edited by HelenOster; 14-04-2011 at 9:54pm.
    Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
    www.adorama.com

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered from Adorama through this site on Wednesday I have never bought anything from them before.
    Though did get a email on the 14th to say its on its way.

Ordered from Corel just before midnight 31st March received parcel Tuesday morning April 5 quite surprised really I though it would take longer *Free Postage too that week*

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    watch out cuz grey imports don't have internationally warranty. when you buy from B&H etc they can sell you a 'local US' or grey import for cheaper. the 'local US' will have internationally warranty even tho to us it's an import.

Of course some brands don't do internationally warranty anyway.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received my order from Adorama today..

Adorama Camera Customer Service HelenOster's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Received my order from Adorama today..
    Excellent! Hope all is well with your order, but if you need any after-sales support, don't hesitate to drop me an email: Helen@adorama.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've bought stuff from B and H and have been very happy with the service and the goods.
    The freight may sound a bit high, but is only a few dollars more than many Hong Kong sellers.
    If you are only buying $20 worth of stuff, then it's very high, but if you are buying thousands of $$$ worth, then it's cheap.

As far as warranty goes with B and H, if you send it back, they 'll send you a new one.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    With the $Aus riding high, American sites are attractive.

For lenses, what experiences have folks had with outfits such as these? If a lens comes with a USA warranty, what is the significance, if any? Their USA and "imported" prices are very close.

B&H seems to offer the option of adding our GST. Haven't checked this with Adorama. Any experience one way or the other? How about refurbished with rrespect to GST/Customs? Can this change the status of the camera?

And finally, how do they rate compared with, say, DWI, Citiwide, DD, etc.?

Bill
    I've had 2 excellent experiences with B&H. Both times the lens arrived in 4 days, and I saved lots of money - with the dollar as it is it was cheaper by far than Hong Kong stock (Panasonic lenses). I picked the "UPS Worldwide saver" option for the courier - there are two options offering 3-5 days and this was the cheapest.

I'm going to order a macro lens in the next day or so as well, because I know I will buy one eventually anyway so I may as well do it now while it is cheapest.
    Panasonic GH2 --- Pana 7-14mm --- Pana 100-300mm --- Pana f1.7/20mm --- Panaleica f2.8/45mm macro --- Pana 14-45mm
    Canon G10 when I want to pocket it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you know adorama and b&h are quite similar, usually one is cheaper item and more costly shipping, etc. But it's interesting adorama has sent us a rep to help out here. Still, the first one to solve the shipping cost will win big. If they can ship free within US, there must be some leeway for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reaction View Post
    Well you know adorama and b&h are quite similar, usually one is cheaper item and more costly shipping, etc. But it's interesting adorama has sent us a rep to help out here. Still, the first one to solve the shipping cost will win big. If they can ship free within US, there must be some leeway for us.
    Yes, the shipping free within US but not a reduced item rate for international irks me a bit and I recently made comments to that effect in a B&H survey. But guess it makes it too complicated as to what the price would be for international based on country so guess that is the way it goes. if you can save up and buy a few things the postage isn't too bad but for a single item it's not cheap.

I purchased a Think tank product from Hunts recently - B&H don't stick TT and Adorama's shipping was huge. Took a little longer to come being a big item and not trackable but there was no stock in Aus that I could find and as I wanted the bag for a coming trip I went ahead with it. Even with shipping it was still fair price.

I ordered Monday from B&H and it should arrive this coming Monday. The service is great. I buy locally as well and recently established a good rapport with a camera shop which is well worth having too.
    The aus dollar is very good at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast