Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5d ii or another 7d???

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ummm sorry but what "glass" should i need, apart from some very expensive primes, i have most of what i need
    if you've got all the glass you need, then you're all set. but you're looking at buying a new body, and the only advantage i can see that you'll get is better ISO performance. Most of your glass is moderate speed, and with some fast primes (and you only need two), then you'll get two stops better with your existing camera.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone every have all the glass you need?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubmanmc View Post
    Have posted this in the OOF section as most troll here for bits and i want honest feed back as to what to do
    And I moved to, cause the OOF forum is for NON photographic related topics.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All good Rick!

no problems...

took this last night with Allan (sadly it has been reduced to go on here) but the IQ is great!

M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.pbase.com/mcphotographics loooots of pictures!
    hmmm Eq list... 1D II, 5D II, 7D, 100-400 LIS F4.5-5.6, 70-200 F2.8L, 135 F2, 85 F1.8, 24-70 F2.8L, 16-35 F2.8L, 420EX, 580EX II x2 ST-E2 Cir polar filters and much much more all in a neat back pack that kills my back!

Adobe CS5
    Week 16 Sheep Winner
    If you have a question about car / action / sports photography or Canon Cameras PM me...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM View Post
    if you've got all the glass you need, then you're all set. but you're looking at buying a new body, and the only advantage i can see that you'll get is better ISO performance. Most of your glass is moderate speed, and with some fast primes (and you only need two), then you'll get two stops better with your existing camera.
    F2.8 is moderate speed??

this is like Canon moving the bar constatntly on what is a prosumer camera body...

*removed - using initials to represent swearing is a site rule breach - admin *

M
    Last edited by ricktas; 20-10-2010 at 6:44pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest glass is the 16-35L mark II.....I just cannot get it off my 5D mark I. The 24-70L 2.8, 70-200L 2.8 is, 70-200L f/4 and the 85 1.8 just don't get much of a look in these days. It is small, light, a 2.8 and sharp. My second body is a 40D, but it doesn't get much of a look in above the 5D except for outdoor sports type environs.

Probably old news for most here.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubmanmc View Post
    ummm sorry but what "glass" should i need, apart from some very expensive primes, i have most of what i need

M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say you want to do more landscapes, My vote is the 5D mkll due to its full frame sensor your lenses become what they say and you get the wides't possible shots with what you got. Also your primes are what they say they are too.

Or am i wrong and the 7D has a full frame sensor. If not its good for your big zoomlenses cause you get that extra 1.6x magnification.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to hijack this thread and I didn't want to start a new one so here it gos.

I'm ready to buy the 5D before Christmas but I got a feeling a new model will be out soon,what do you guys think?
    Canon EOS 550D,Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L MACRO IS USM ,EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L USM II,EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II .

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightexpress1 View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread and I didn't want to start a new one so here it gos.

I'm ready to buy the 5D before Christmas but I got a feeling a new model will be out soon,what do you guys think?
    Never be afraid to start new threads.

As for waiting till after Christmas to buy a new camera, ask your self if the "new" model will help you take better pictures of the things you could be photographing today.

Next Christmas ( 2011 ), your new camera will be obsolete again but still capable of taking excellent photos.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Never be afraid to start new threads.

As for waiting till after Christmas to buy a new camera, ask your self if the "new" model will help you take better pictures of the things you could be photographing today.

Next Christmas ( 2011 ), your new camera will be obsolete again but still capable of taking excellent photos.

Yes I understand Andrew but I don't want to buy a new camera and find out it's obsolete in 4 months and the new camera has improved a lot and taking better pictures

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only you can take better photos, not the camera. There will be nothing new on the next model that will help you make better images. Just more fluff to make all of the camera enthusiasts think they need to upgrade. Buy now and never look back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12