Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Lesson

We have just come back from a short holiday in Central NSW. We heard about a sculpture exhibition at Dandry Gorge in the Pilliga Forest north of Coonabarabran so decided to have a look. There was a 25km drive on gravel roads to get there. When we arrived my wife said to me 'Why do they have the exhibition so far out, if it was easier to get to, more people would come!'
    We had to walk about 15 mins to get to the first sculpture, which was stainless steel and very 'impressionist', so we walked a bit further and came to this one, called 'First Lesson'. It is a life size sculpture of an aboriginal man with a small boy on his shoulder. He is standing on a rock ledge and pointing down into the gorge. My wife looked at it in silence for a few minutes, then said 'Now I know why they had it out here, this position is perfect!'

Indeed it is! You can feel quite emotional just looking at it in this beatiful setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David

Nikon D810
    Nikkor AF-S 24-120VR, Nikkor AF-S 16-35VR, Nikkor AF-S 70-300VR, Nikkor AF 50 f1.8
    Tamron 90mm Macro