DIY improvement to my Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod
It's always bugged me getting the lower legs level on my tripod so I took the rubber feet off and then dismantled the 3 lower legs from the tripod.
I turned them individually on a metal lathe and just very lightly scored them 1/8th of inch (just enough to remove the powder coating to bare aluminium) every 2" along the length of the three legs.
I then re-assembled them and now I have an easily seen visual marking to lock the three legs into and if it's too short or too long I can easily move all the legs to either the ring above or below.
Simple improvement, but a huge improvement to me.... making adjustments now is just so much easier.