User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 9c prints now .. whats the Best way to process 100's of pictures.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 9c prints now .. whats the Best way to process 100's of pictures.

Hi All,

As your aware now its 9cents a Print, the cheapest its been for a 6x4" print yet!
    looking at getting hundreds of prints done this weekend

First question, which is the best place to get the 9 cents a print from? BigW, K-Mart, Target, Officeworks, Other?
    Is it better fuji or kodak paper at these outlets?

Also what is the best way to process the prints in either Photoshop CS5 or Lightroom3??

And the best way to save it for finalization as well? e.g. is it best for 300 DPI? to reszie the image to 6x4"? any other settings or tips would be Great!

have to process Heaps of images and looking at creating Presets or regular tasks for easier processing and turnover. Any help on this is appreciated

Thanks All

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 6x4 dpi ain't going to be that important, in saying this 240 would be fine

Your biggest issue might be cropping 100's to 6x4 ratio

I think Harvey Norman usually beats the rest.
    Darren
    Gear : Nikon Goodness
    Please support Precious Hearts
    Constructive Critique of my images always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuji paper preferrable. You may not get very good prints from those places, though. In general they don't calibrate often. Remember that 9c prints is severely under cost, so don't get annoyed at pro labs that are more expensive
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I often wonder how people who may take 600 or so shots on an average outing (and I've done that at some of my sons' soccer games) manage to sort the wheat from the chaff just to select a few shots to do some serious PP on their shots!! Am I the only member of this forum who has to work to put something on the table to eat every night!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lightroom, I can usually pp a 600 shot game, including cropping as required, in 30 minutes or so

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    At 6x4 dpi ain't going to be that important, in saying this 240 would be fine

Your biggest issue might be cropping 100's to 6x4 ratio

I think Harvey Norman usually beats the rest.
    the user uses a 50D and 350D so its native file output is a 3:2 ratio, which is a 6x4 inch so its fine - unless the user has cropped it, only ppl with compact cameras or 4:3 format or something weird will need to consider the cropping factor if its untouched.

Like Kiwi, I use lightroom 3 & 2 if Im doing batch processing because its fast and efficient. There is also Adobe Bridge to consider too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have given my neighbour 1000's of my flower and scenery pics that she uses for scrap-booking I don't crop them either.
    She had tried them all as she usually gets 100 done at a time then shows them to me.

Hardly Normal were the worst some had purple lawn in the pic and another had green tan bark
    The colours of the flowers have often been wrong reds are purple, whites are yellow, pinks are orange.
    I tell her to take them back she never does as they were on special at the time for 10 cents each.

Out of all the ones she gets done, BigW have always been the best, though it does not mean they are like that where you are.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best place I have tried for prints 6X4 @ 10 cents each for 50+, the quality is excellent and they were delivered in 4 days which is excellent as I live in a remote (outside the express delivery area). Their 18X12's are value at $5.00 ea too.
    Keith.