Thread: 55-250mm vs 70-200 IS f4

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55-250mm vs 70-200 IS f4

I went today to a local camera store and did get to do some shots from both lenses. Loading them to my computer I really can't tell or justify the difference in pictures - must just be because I am an amateur and not sure how to get the best from both so maybe I should just get the cheaper 55-250 lens? Though many on forums over and over again have said and in all the reviews etc that the 70-200mm f4 with IS is way better and the one to get!! I sooo can't decide! But at the moment I am like I just can't justify the extra cost!

Plus the (really helpful!!) guy at the store today said you can't really tell the difference at 200mm between the both - is that true?

I mainly want one for a few weeks of travelling I am going to be doing.... and then I can get more or others at a later date... but then why buy the cheaper one now if I am just going to get the more expensive one later probably anyway.

(Firemansam I hope your not reading this! I decided to ask this before seeing your post and I thought I would come here as I love Aussie advice as its so honest and blunt typically! LOL but congrats it is nice and for a long term camera its weather sealing is worth it )

I know this is my third thread on this so please feel free to not reply! LOL
    Last edited by Tanne; 28-09-2010 at 10:41pm.