This thread is for posting any and all problems, issues and ideas you have for the upgraded site.
But first, just some thread rules:
- If any problems, issues, or ideas have already been posted please DO NOT post a 'me too' or a thanks post (we do appreciate them but we need to keep this thread focused on issues), instead please click the thanks button
- Rick and I will advise what action is being taken (Yes, No, Fixed, and Possible in the Future) by editing your post
- Please DO NOT PM a mod over any technical issue, instead post it to this thread
- Please DO NOT post new threads on problems, issues, or ideas; they will be removed! Once things settle we can talk fine tuning in November
- Please DO NOT debate or discuss any problems, issues, or ideas; we have enough on our plate, leave it until November
- Please be patient, there are many 1,000s lines of new or changed program and template code; as much as we have tested there will be issues and we will address them
This will assist us in stabilising the site as fast as possible.
Once everything settles are we are all used to it we are open to new ideas.
Known issues/questions (please do not re-report them)
- The cookies seem to have forgotten everything - I had to login again.
Yes! We changed the cookie prefix to force a clean set of cookies for a whole bunch of technical reasons.
Click here if you have forgotten your password
- What's 'AP Extras' all about?
It's a pull down menu we wrote so you have a single place for all the nice to have quick links.
We will add to this as needed.
- I can't find 'X' on the menus, help?
Yes, they have changed a bit ... just take your time and check the pull downs!
There is the same if not more functionality, it's laid out in a cleaner setup.
- The opt out of some forums from 'New Posts' is no longer available
For now it's low priority, and it may be re-implemented in the Future.
Please use the 'AP Extras' pull down menu items, including the 'New Posts in Members' Photos'
- 'Reply' (to Post), 'Reply to Thread', 'Reply With Quote' buttons all go to the Quick Reply window at the bottom of the form
This is new vBulletin V4 functionality.
If you double click the button it opens the full window or click 'Go Advanced' at the bottom of the Quick Reply window to get a full window.
- The competitions page layout and menu has changed, it looks cool even if I say so myself
Yes we gave it a makeover to fit the new site layout and menus. The sub menu has the search, performance report etc.; as a result the page is simpler.
- I don't like the skin (i.e. site look and feel), please give me the old dark (or light) skin!
It's been discussed already. We will adding new skins in the next few weeks.
- 'O.P.' is now 'Threadstarter', and does not show on the first post of the thread
Yay! We won't have to explain O.P. again.
- Attachments are no longer available in PMs
This was a little used add-on feature and was hardly used; we won't be re-writing it for vBulletin V4
- I can't turn off the thread start date/time showing on forum displays.
It's now standard; we had added it via a hack in vBulletin V3; we won't make it optional as it means a template edit which I want to avoid
- The file upload (attachments) screen is very different, and thumbs don't show
Yes. We hope you like it because that's how vBulletin V4 does it now.
We don't do thumbnails for attachments for performance/storage reasons.
NOTE: You can get the 'old' attachments via:
- Click 'Settings' (top right)
- Scroll down on left to 'My Settings'
- Click 'General Settings'
- Scroll down
- Click 'Enhanced Attachment Uploading off'
- Click 'Save Changes'
- URL's have more text on them? WT?
Yes, they are now SEO friendly!
- I had to re-accept the site rules - why?
Due to the upgrade all the acceptances were reset.
The old 'product' was replaced with a new one that did the same thing, as a result we all got reset.
- I want 'X' in AP Extras; where X is a really cool thing
Just post your idea to this thread, make sure no-one else asked for the same thing. We'll consider it.
- Where is my UserCP (Profile etc)?
Try the 'My profile' and 'Settings' at the top Right of the screen
The AP Extras menu... It's your friend!