User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Problem with my wireless trigger and speedlight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem with my wireless trigger and speedlight

Hi all! I've got a MK-RC7 (or RF-602) wireless flash trigger from LinkDelight, and it doesn't work with my Nissin Di622 speedlight, but it works fine with my friends 430EX II. My Di622 works fine on my camera and on the off-camera cord when the cord is attached to my camera. However my flash won't work on the MK-RC7 receiver, nor on the off-camera cord with the cord attached to the MK-RC7 receiver.

The receiver's cable output port works fine for triggering the camera and the studio lights.

I thought the receiver's hot shoe wasn't working and was about to send it back until I tried the 430EX II!

Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, have the same item. With the receivers, you have to read their description VERY VERY SPECIFICALLY! Most Canon product will say we supports everything except A, B and C. With these make in China trigger, they list what they supports, and don't expect anything else will work.

I would email them (but for your own benefit, don't mention the 430EXII is working) and describe your situation and see what they can do.

With LinkDelight, they are very tricky! Make sure you log the paypal disrupt within the first 45 days (but don't need to log neg feedback yet) of the auction finished and pay for. Even they have been providing lots of quality project, these guys have screwed me once! What they do is: they will say they are looking after you and everything, 1 email to another and each email tells you please wait for couple of weeks etc. Once over 45 days, they don't want to hear from you anymore!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try having the front part of the slave facing to and in line of sight within 90 degrees of the trigger while still having the flash face the subject. You don't have to do this if you are using radio transmitters like PW's.
    "The greatest camera in the world is the one you hold in your hands when shit happens." ©2007 Raoul Isidro

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ RaoulIsidro: I know about using the flash in optical slave mode...

@ andylo: I looked at the website again and I didn't see anything suggesting that my model flash wouldn't work. However, I just saw this in reference to the Cactus V4:

"Some dedicated flashes (e.g. Nissin Di-622 and Di-466, Sunpak PZ42x and PZ30, Sigma EF-530/500 DG ST for Canon, etc.) are triggered via system-specific pins instead of the central contact of the hot shoe. Cactus V4 does not work with these flash models. "

Hmmm... so the Di622 uses the pins differently to the way a Canon flash would?? How does it work on my Canon camera then? And does anyone know of a workaround (using my triggers and my flash)?

I'll go do some more googling...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does the flash have a PC sync port ??

If so just plug the trigger into that.

My old V4's would not fire my EF 500 DG ST, but it fires just fine with my RF-602's
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a bit more searching and found that it is a known problem - the Nissin Di622 doesn't work with many (if not all) wireless flash kits including Cactus V4's and Pocket Wizards, due to unusual pin configurations.

@ MarkChap: No, this doesn't have any ports.

These flashes have been modded by adding a port, and wiring it to the test button. I might give that a go, but my soldering skills are a bit lacking...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that with a few different triggers, they work with most but not the Nissin flashes. I am looking into some triggers myself and have a Metz flash but they don't list the Metz as being compatible but have found out that it will work fine with the triggers. (Yongnuo & others).
    Pentax K20D & Grip, Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 DC Macro, Sigma APO 70-200 f2.8 EX DG HSM II, Metz Mecablitz 48 AF-1 flash, LowePro Flipside 300 backpack, Photoshop CS 5, Lightroom 3, Manfrotto Monopod & 498 RC2 Ball Head, GoldPhoto "Tracker" Tripod, Hoya CPL and UV filters, Yongnuo RF602 flash triggers.