Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Magazine reading suggestions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magazine reading suggestions

hey guys,
    I am wondering which, or if any of the printed magazines are worth reading. (I prefer reading mags then on screens, easier for train etc).

Mod Note: Commercial link removed as per site rules

I have heard that DIGITAL SLR PHOTOGRAPHY, is good.
    They also have Better Photography, (the quaterly one I think) as well.

so any suggestions are welcome

Thanks, Adam.

PS. Some book suggestions are welcome too hehe.
    Last edited by Lani; 21-09-2010 at 11:35am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are just starting out, any of the mags are quite good, especially the English ones, but they do just tend to rehash the basics after a while.
    BetterPhotoshop Techniques is pretty good for PP stuff, Digital SLR is good too. Digital Camera Magazine, UK is not bad to start out with.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been given subscription to Better photography and Australian photography.... unfortunately I can't comment on either because the subscriptions haven't issued as yet But hubby was told by photog's at his work that they are very helpful!

I picked up a copy of "Photoshop image editing" and am slowly working my way through the areas that intrest me.... comes with a CD with practise images and video tuts for photoshop. At $24.95 I was a bit iffy, but very glad I picked a copy up! As I am self taught in photoshop, I generally look up what I want to achieve in an image and learn from there (this disc has shown me editing options I wasn't aware of trying)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you do a search on AP for 'photography magazines' this has been discussed several times previously and there is a lot of existing information on the site in that regard. Re Books, we have a book review thread here
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like BetterPhotography... Usually plenty of fascinating articles ranging from shooting, to business
    Living the dream...