K-5 with DA 18-135
Innovative image-processing functions to produce distinctive photographic expressions
* Custom image function for distinctive finishing touches: letting users easily select the desired finishing touch for a particular image.
* Versatile digital filter function: The K-5’s digital filter function allows the user to process recorded images in a variety of creative ways and produce highly individualized visual expressions without requiring a computer.
* Cross process mode with three options: The K-5 features the unique cross process mode, in which the camera automatically shifts photographic parameters for each exposure to create eye-catching images with unique, dramatic colours.
* HDR (High Dynamic Range) function: The K-5 features the HDR (high dynamic range) function to create one composite image with an extra-wide gradation range from three images with different exposures, without requiring a computer.
In addition it has…
* Electronic level function, with a newly added tilt confirmation tool
* Extended-exposure NR (Noise Reduction) function, with a choice of Auto, On and Off modes
* High-sensitivity NR (Noise Reduction) function, with a camera-dependent Auto mode and a user-adjustable reduction level control for different sensitivity settings
* RAW/Fx button, for single-action switching of image file format
* Large, easy-to-view 3.0-inch wide-view colour LCD monitor with 921,000 dots
* 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for extra-accurate light measurement
* DR II (Dust Removal II) mechanism
* Long battery life, for recording of 1,100 images with full recharge
* User-friendly Hyper control system, to flexibly and accurately respond to the photographer’s creative intentions
* Dynamic-range expansion function, to compensate for both whitewashed (overexposed) and black-out (underexposed) areas
* Automatic compensation of distortion and lateral chromatic aberration (available only with DA-,DFA- and FA Limited-series lenses)
* CTE mode, to automatically adjust the white-balance level to emphasize primary colours of sunset scenes
* Attachment of copyright credits on recorded images
* D-BG4 Battery Grip (optional) for extra power supply with an exclusive rechargeable lithium-ion battery or six AA-size batteries
* Colour-specific control buttons/dials for easy recognition and quick access, based on the universal colour design
* PENTAX Digital Camera Utility 4 software package
The K-5 will be available from mid-late October 2010.