Thread: Which 50D Battery grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which 50D Battery grip

G'day
    I am looking to buy a battery grip for my 50D
    there are several different types i have found, one even has a clock built in

I have no experience with timed shots or remotes so i thought i would ask if anyone has brought a battery grip that has extra functions.

One of the grips says it can be "Used with a remote"

Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a aftermarket one with time lapse, shutter release, shooting number setting etc and i have no problem with it so far and it's lot cheaper than the Canon one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not so much into the use of Intervalometers and time lapse actuation functions that are built into the grip, I would say go for the official Canon grip, the latest of which is the BG-E2N which replaces the BG-E2.
    I have both grips, and the newer one has more sealing in the fittings to prevent liquids (like rain) from flowing down at the back of the camera and into the battery cavity chambers.
    The after market grips have no such sealing and gasket protection around the fittings.
    "The greatest camera in the world is the one you hold in your hands when shit happens." ©2007 Raoul Isidro

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks
    will keep the sealing aspect in mind, but i will be doing my best to keep everything dry.

one thing i want to try is setting the camera up near a bird feeder and remote triggering the shot.