User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Dust in lens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dust in lens

HI i would like to know if dust inside a lens has any effect on the final image.I have recently purchased for my 50d an ef 100mm macro and a ef 135mm soft focus that has dust in it.Is it such a bad thing,should i send them to be cleaned? and also how much dust is normal(the seller said some dust is normal in used lens). Best Regards Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the seller is right. Most of my lenses have a little spec here and there and I take very good care of them. You will more than likely (and probably never) find that you will not see anything on your images.
    I wouldn`t give it another thought.
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info i thought they were cheap and only new to photograghy so i purchased them both for $550 (he wanted $700)to have more lens to learn with.They seem to work ok.