User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Grey vs Non-Grey - Are they the exact same lens?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grey vs Non-Grey - Are they the exact same lens?

Hi,

I know there are countless threads dedicated to Grey vs Non-Grey, but most of the discussion relates to price and warranty.

i have one question, are the lens identical? Are they all made by Canon? Or is it like buying a genuine Versace bag vs a knock off (i.e. the knock off is not made by Versace and the quality of goods and manufacture are inferior to the genuine article)? What i'm trying to find out is are the grey lenses inferior to a non-grey lens?

Regards, Sonja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly the same.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Sonja,

They are exactly the same lens that you would buy from a normal retail outlet in Australia.
    I have been told that some disreputable dealers will sell Re-furbished and Re-boxed lenses as New but most sell these a discount and let you know what you are buying.
    All canon lenses come with a 1 year international warranty. Any problem with the lens ring Canon Australia they will fix it provided that you have proof of purchase and the warranty card that came with the lens.
    I am lead to believe that this also applies to refurbished and re-boxed lenses as well, but I haven't cheched this with Canon to verify.

Hope that the above answers your query, I'm sure that others will also comment. Happy shooting

Steve