Thread: "Drop Shadow Framing"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Drop Shadow Framing"

See how I go with a tute on Drop Shadow framing on a PC , Photoshop and a large file TIFF or Large JPG , I usually use a TIFF file ,
    #1, Load an image for Framing into Photoshop, I know this works from CS 2 onwards

#2, Just trust me on this!! Ctrl A, Shift Ctrl J, Alt Ctrl C, This brings up a little box "Canvas Size"

#3, In the new size boxes I use Inches, Note: For my 8.2mp images I use 1 inch , for Cameras like the 50D you may have to increase this to 1.5 inches , Tick "Relative" and Background colour White , Click OK

#4, You should have a white border around the image , down on the bottom right click on the FX button, Click on "Drop Shadow" and a Layer Style box will appear, Make sure Drop Shadow is ticked,

4a, Set,Blend Mode to Multiply, Opacity 40, Untick Global Light, Change the Angle to 49, Distance to 40, Spread 16, Size 57, Untick Anti Aliased, Tick Layerknocks out Drop Shadow , Click OK.

#5, That's pretty much it , If your happy with just the drop Shadow, Flatten image at this point , Done. I like to put a little stroke around as well , Thats the little white line around the image , Dont flattern, To put the stroke on stay with me.

#6, Click the little FX button again and click on stroke , Layer style box will appear again , this time make sure Drop Shadow and Stroke Boxes are ticked, Set size, I usually use 2px, It's your choice, Position, "Inside" , Opacity 100,

#7, Now the Colour of the Stroke, Click on Colour Box, It brings up a box called Select Stroke Colour, Your Choice, I always use White , Look in colour libraries , Select Colour , when happy Click OK, Click OK on the Layer Style Box as well , Thats it Done, Flattern Image

My first Tute, Hope this works for everybody - cheers Bill , If you have a Problem just post and Ask After all that Typing , Should look like this in the end.

BTW: Ive saved this as an Action on my F8 Key, One hit wonder
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Canon : 30D, and sometimes the 5D mkIII , Sigma 10-20, 50mm 1.8, Canon 24-105 f4 L , On loan Sigma 120-400 DG and Canon 17 - 40 f4 L , Cokin Filters