Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Questions Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions Questions

hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been on for a while - who knew an abscess could land you in the hospital???
    Anyway, just wanted to pick someone's brain on this. Am going to see U2 in December and am thinking of taking the Lumix with me (only cos the zoom on it is brilliant!!!!! ) and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on either shooting manually or using one of the preset "scene modes". From the seating plan I will be two tiers up looking down onto the stage ( so hopefully there won't be too many heads in the way). Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope u're much better now.
    I didn't know u could shoot at concerts (and the like). If you can, though, practise using your manual settings b4 u go. I think u'd get better control over the outcome. And that means manual focus, too.
    (U)m.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also check the conditions of entry, you may not be able to use anything to 'record' the concert. Yes people do it, with phone camera's etc, but they may confiscate your camera, if the entry T&C say so.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most likely (99.999%) the ticket condition will forbid any photography so just enjoy the concert.

I was once asked to stop photographing a performance (at the interval) even though I was shooting on behalf of the artist.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that. I know at the last concert I went to there were flashes going off everywhere, so thought that just maybe I might be lucky, as this is the closest I have ever been out of all the U2 gigs I have been to (am usually the bunny way down the back standing on a chair just to see the video screen - such is the joy of being short). Will take that on board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my one piece of advice is simply thus: suppress. your. flash. Maybe I could make an acronym for that? SYF haha
    I cannot watch the Olympic games, for example, as I allllways seen 70,000 flashes twinkling in the stands
    Canon stuff 5Dmk1 w/ 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 5Dmk1 w/70-200f2.8L, 100mm f2.8 macro, 50mm f1.4, 580exII
    Alienbees B800, Lumopro 160, Manfrotto 155XPROB w/ 498RC2, Lowepro ProRunner X450AW
    Phew!