Diesel:
Thank you for that useful comment!

Interesting that you set your presets manual starting with the camera calibration presets given. That is what i was thinking of doing. It makes sense i guess, it would just be nice to know what changes these presets do (in terms of which sliders change), but i guess that is not possible.

I would be interested as well in what settings you change for your different photo styles, if you would share them....

I actually thought lots of people do something like that and we could share our presets, but apparently not many people use it.....

Rick:

Yes you can apply a preset to a RAW file on import, but you cannot have different presets depending on photo content, during the same import. So if you are importing 10 files, the same preset can be applied to all, but you cannot have the first 5 with one preset, and the 2nd five with another. You would need to import them separately to apply differing presets on import.
Yeah figured that out, but that is not so much of a problem as I always import my photos after shooting and most of the times they are from the same "genre".

You can create and save your own presets as well. Just take any RAW file, apply your adjustments, then go to the presets menu and click the small + (plus) sign next to the preset title, follow the screens from there, and when created, your preset will contain all the adjustments you did on the one RAW file, for easy use in future. I am not at my PC at present, so cannot step you through it, but that is the start of the process to creating your own presets.
Thats ok, I knew that i could do that.

I was more after what specific adjustments for different photo genres people use and if there is some way to "see" how canon or nikon chooses their presets.

Thank you as well for the comment!!!